Digital Analytics & Insight Manager
This is a pivotal role in the b2b digital team, driving a culture where analytics is at the heart of the business. You will work closely with all members of the digital team and with stakeholders throughout the business to measure performance, understand customer behaviour and identify opportunities to improve experience and ROI.
You will use a variety of analytical tools to provide structured insight into new and existing customer experiences on our website and App, to identify potential improvements to end-to-end journeys and to measure performance against Digital KPIs.This includes proactively investigating data anomalies or trends that deviate from plan (either positively or adversely) and utilising multiple data points to improve our understanding of customer experience.
- Location: Leicester, Spinneyside office with travel as required
- Salary: £Competitive plus company package
We are looking for a naturally curious analyst who is creative, enthusiastic and a dynamic self-starter, able to help shape the future of UK Business through its Digital presence. This role will support the teams’ analytical requirements and the successful applicant will help design and deliver new reporting metrics, as well as deliver relevant and actionable insights into customers’ behaviour.
The role holder will:
- Provide regular and ad hoc reporting and analysis on website and mobile performance to all levels of our business, in partnership with our Group MI team
- Facilitate the automation of data and reports, ensuring they meet stakeholders’ needs, including defining onsite and SAP CRM MI requirements during the shaping of new digital projects
- Translate business requirements into analytical tagging and reporting structure, including customised dashboards and data visualisations to help articulate performance
- Proactively analyse user behaviour; conversion data; funnel analysis by device and customer type using Adobe Site Catalyst (Omniture) and Decibel Insights alongside other tools. Combine digital data with other business data e.g. Sales, Operations to develop greater insights
- Ensure that campaigns and other drive to web activity are optimally tracked and reported on
- Develop insights on areas of value creation and/or optimisation, and articulate scale of the opportunity to the business
- Supporting the continuous evaluation of multi-channel data to drive improvements to operational performance and marketing ROI
- Maintain and manage the relationship and resource prioritisation of internal and/or 3rd party suppliers including securing budget approval and managing spend
- Graduate calibre with a few years experience in web analytics
- A proven ability to translate data into actionable insight with a track record of leveraging data to support commercial decision making
- First class communication and presentation skills, able to convey complex information in a simple and concise way (both written and verbal) to both Digital and non-Digital stakeholders up to director level, adapting style and content for the audience
- Extensive knowledge of web analytics tools (Adobe Site Catalyst and Decibel Insights) with Adobe Certified Expert preferred
- Experience building dashboards in Site Catalyst
- Strong working knowledge of Tag Management Systems
- The ability to write and construct SQL queries, using business intelligence tools such as Business Objects and Oracle relational databases and techniques for data processing, as well as experience of Big Data technologies and infrastructure such as Hadoop, Hive and Amazon Web is highly desirable
- Understanding and experience of digital multi variate testing including measuring performance
- Experience managing a diverse stakeholder network including suppliers
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office, advanced Excel a necessity
- Experience working in an Agile environment would be beneficial
- Naturally curious and tenacious
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated self-starter
- Meticulous attention to detail, with a passion for continual improvement
- Passionate about customer experience and how data can bring this to life
- Innovative and creative, with a logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Credible and articulate, with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relay analytical insight to internal and external stakeholders with various levels of analytical and digital knowledge and at all levels of seniority
- Salary: £Competitive plus company benefits
- Location: Leicester (Spinnyside office)
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Digital Analytics & Insight Manager R9930584’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.