Customer Service Advisor
To support an energy and connections customer, current or future, from first call to work completion, working with third parties and internal businesses to ensure customer needs are met and appropriate industry systems are updated. The advisor will sell the most appropriate energy and services product to meet the customer requirements, whilst promoting additional products that may assist to increase the profitability of the business, whilst ensuring we are treating customers fairly.
- Deliver an exceptional customer sales service to new and existing customers, adhering to selling practices legal requirements
- Encourage a customer focussed culture and right first time approach.
- Provide accurate information on products and services, providing a reliable and trustworthy customer service.
- Provide solutions that reduce customer complaints, protect brand reputation and improve process efficiencies, in order to increase customer retention and loyalty to maximise sales opportunities.
- Ensuring clear communication of industry procedures, timescales and policies to manage customer’s expectations delivering an exceptional service.
- Understand and deliver against personal and business performance targets
- Liaise with team colleagues across Connections and Metering and wider business to ensure the customer receives a right first time experience
- Operate information systems to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records.
- Understand and adhere to the company and department standards, policies and procedures
- Apply British Gas values in all day to day activities Following the safety and environmental policies, guidelines and procedures as directed by the business unit
- Customer Service Account Managed Role
- Frontline role working in a team of approx 12
- Targets set in line with specific business area
- Performance Related Bonus Scheme
- Responsible for negotiating siteworks prices and energy contracts and where necessary and handling customer payments/account details
- Responsible for negotiating refunds where necessary and handling customer payments/account details
- Effective networking and partnering with other operational teams and peer group to resolve issues •Effective networking with wider business teams
- Sharing best practice and implementing solutions to improve overall service levels
- Team members to lead, inspire and support other in order to achieve business results
- Build and Maintain effective working relationships with our service providers.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Gas & Electricity industry knowledge
- High level of Customer service skills
- Industry partners policies and procedures
- Previous Sales experience in a call centre environment
- Problem solving to ensure resolution of customer queries and complaints
- Ability to deliver required targets to a high level of quality, to time and in line with customer and business requirements
- Ability to identify opportunities for service and process improvement
- Understanding our business and our Customers
- Competent level of common IS systems, e.g. Microsoft office, Internet based CRM systems
- Good standard of verbal and written communication skills
- Good level numerical skills
- Able to learn new systems and operational processes quickly
- Experience of customer service and query resolution
Additional Website Text
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies