Senior Marketing Manager - Industrial and Commercial (Maternity Cover)
The purpose of this role is to understand, define, develop and deliver remarkable campaigns to Britain’s I&C and Brokered businesses. In addition, ensure Smart roll-out targets are met through innovative customer uptake campaigns across the UK Business portfolio.
NB This is a Fixed Term Maternity Cover vacancy
This is a multi-disciplined marketing position which plays a significant role in the marketing of BGB’s products and services to the Industrial and Commercial business sector.
It comprises 5 key areas of responsibility:
1. I&C (Broker and direct):
- Working with the I&C sales team to drive the acquisition and retention for all BGB products and services within the I&C business segment.
2. SME Brokers:
- Deliver sustained incentive campaigns to differentiate UK Business from our competitors within our key SME broker organisations to drive demonstrable incremental sales performance (Acquisition, Retention, Cross sell) and thus marketing ROI.
- Drive forward innovative, segmented marketing campaigns to support the roll out of Smart meters to all UK businesses by 2020.
- Create and refine a 3 year rolling campaign management programme to ensure we are delivering great campaigns and learning from them as we progress.
5. Campaign Analytics:
- Responsibility for the driving the continuous improvement of Direct Marketing and Sales effectiveness through the development and application of campaign analytics capability.
- Ownership of the I&C bill format
- Preparation of I&C customer correspondence
- Work with third party/outside experts to deliver brilliant, market leading content and cutting edge themes all within a tightly controlled and managed budget.
- To build, develop, motivate and inspire the I&C Marketing team
- Governance of the UK Business marketing budget to ensure market leading ROI
- Close collaboration with the UK Business SME Marketing Team
- Close collaboration with the Digital team
- To develop and evolve the team’s insights and campaign capabilities through training, external best practice learning and sharing and continual development.
- Knowledge of best practice in marketing and marketing communication strategies in a B2B environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of the full marketing mix and channels available.
- Experience in project management, being able to navigated tasks and prioritise effectively.
- Extensive experience in managing and leading complex direct B2B marketing programmes including familiarity with constructing and evaluating commercial marketing & data briefs in addition to proposition, creative and media plans.
- Experience of developing strategic marketing plans and navigating complex B2B marketing channels.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of products, application of insight, feedback loops and competitor intelligence and the ability to apply this for commercial benefit.
- Confidence and creditability with highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of leading a team of professionals and delivering results through people.
- Experiences of working in large organisations with multiple stakeholders.
- Marketing qualification (CIM) is preferred
- Strong presentation skills
- Numerate with analysis and reporting skills.
- Proactive people management, leadership and motivation skills.
Competitive salary and benefits. British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Senior Marketing Manager - Industrial and Commercial (Maternity Cover) R9933938’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.