Senior Customer Strategy & Propositions Manager
To lead on the development, execution and embedding of the Customer Strategy for UK Home
To shape and deliver new propositions that delight, engage and help to retain and grow our customer base
To support the delivery of UK-H business plan, P&L and customer objectives through effective cross functional working across UK-H , CO, FO and Connected Home
- Support the Head of CP&P in owning the P&L on behalf of UK Home, to deliver performance outcomes in line with agreed 3 year and 12 month plans – specifically, revenue, contribution, and earnings through customer engagement, retention &/or acquisition
- Lead on the development of the customer strategy, including identifying and leading on key opportunities and workstreams, and defining and executing against expected customer and commercial outcomes
- Work with Insights, Marketing and the broader CP&P team to understand existing customer, commercial and external insights, develop the customer strategy, and define and execute against the plan
- Responsible for ensuring that customer strategy and new and existing products and propositions treat customers fairly and are in compliance with FCA, Ofgem and other regulatory and legal requirements, whilst also achieving business objectives
- Pulling from the central Pool as required, lead, develop, motivate and collaborate with a high performing direct and virtual team.
- Act as a role model for the values & behaviours that support our Customer vision & purpose statement; empower and support people at every level
- Provide intellectual rigour and challenge to the ‘accepted wisdom’ about customer service, find novel ways to think and act; challenge peers and colleagues Within all aspects of the role put the Customer at the heart of decision making and support the business ambition to lead the digital transformation of our industry
- Experience of product and proposition management, development and optimisation, to drive customer and business value
- Experience of creating and delivering customer acquisition and retention strategies, ideally in a nationally-recognised organisation with a reputation for operational and customer service excellence (e.g. a national retailer or service business)
- Experience of delivering customer proposition strategy into a services business
- Passion for understanding the needs of the customer and how effective propositions influence behaviour. Ability to interpret consumer needs and create innovative/creative solutions to meet those needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships of influence with senior leaders
- Ability to lead and influence within a matrix organisation in order to deliver excellent customer outcomes
- Commercial acumen and effective decision making that will deliver financial goals, based on an understanding of our business and external context
- In depth knowledge of the Energy sector including relevant policy, regulatory and compliance frameworks
- Experience in leading and inspiring teams
- Ability and willingness to change the status quo
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to operate effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with experience of leading project delivery through cross functional teams
- Experience in multi-tasking, being able to navigate complex tasks & prioritise effectively
- Self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, able to work quickly and under pressure
- A team builder with a passion for excellent customer delivery
- Knowledge and experience in blue chip consumer marketing businesses, preferably operating within a regulatory environment
- Able to demonstrate use of customer insight and fostering creativity to develop and improve customer propositions
- Strong commercial acumen as evidenced by track record on commercial decision making
- Evidence of using strong external perspective to deliver new opportunities including exploitation of digital technology
- Ability to formulate and implement a strategy to deliver growth objectives (including acquisition and retention)
- Ability to lead execution and deliver in a matrix organisation
- MATRIX WORKING
- POSITIVE DISRUPTION
- SELF AWARENESS / PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Degree level or equivalent
- Experience with designing, launching and embedding end-to-end solutions, including developing strategies that encompass thorough internal analysis, industry knowledge and business direction
- Understanding of all relevant legal obligations and regulations
- Commercial Know-How: Managing for value, Understand the external market place, Understanding our Customers
This role does not directly hold certifications but will include responsibilities for ensuring:
- All campaigns and product promotions are subject to a rigorous approvals process to ensure they are clear, fair and not misleading.
- Product and proposition design meet TCF obligations, customers’ needs and are signed off by the ES&S UK&I Board
- Appropriate controls and governance are in place to mitigate risk
- Long-Term (sets strategic direction over 3+ years)
Key Stakeholders & Working Relationships
- UK Home Sales: Sales to translate customer and product strategies and P&L targets set by CP&P into specific channel targets and forecast sales, and to performance manage sales performance, driving initiatives to increase sales effectiveness
- Marketing & Insights: CP&P develops customer contact strategy, customer journey requirements and product/proposition led campaigns , collaborating with Marketing & Insights, and operationalised by Marketing
- Customer Operations: CP&P specifies and agrees service levels and cost envelopes with CO; CP&P develops customer contact strategy and principles, and defines customer journey requirements, to be operationalised by CO, who drive customer journey process design for new propositions and continuous improvement activity
- Field Operations: CP&P specifies and agrees service levels and cost envelopes with FO and develops customer contact strategy and principles, to be operationalised by FO
- Connected Home: CH and CP&P work together to develop CH proposition for UKH customers
- Change – Business Planning: CP&P leads commercial strategy in Planning cycle
- Finance: CP&P owns P&L, with financial support from Finance
- Industry and government bodies: CP&P to ensure products and propositions meet compliance requirements
- Legal / Compliance teams: CP&P to ensure products and propositions meet compliance requirements, with support from legal/compliance
- Potential opportunity to lead a team 1-2 Product Managers and Assistant Product Managers from the central CP&P Design Team
- Profit Centre Gross Revenue
- No direct accountability, influences CP&P P&L
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Senior Customer Strategy & Propositions Manager R9933703’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.