Head of Short Term Resource Planning
This role holder will optimally employ and deploy resource, through modelling and resource planning services, to provide an agreed level of service to UK Customer Operations, support activities and the customers of UK Home & UK Business and will support major change initiatives within UK Customer Operations by providing resourcing/ capability solutions to the operation, and to ensure it is fully prepared to implement change.
- Provide shorter term perspectives (1 week to 6 months) of resource requirements and solutions, gaining insight from other Directorates within UK Customer Operations and inputs from UK Home and UK Business on demand requirements
- To support the UK Customer Operations team who will deliver on the UK business’ strategy and growth ambitions by providing all site-based resource support across multiple internal and outsource sites, leveraging leading edge expertise and best practice to drive effectiveness and efficiency
- To provide a resource scheduling service (intraday, daily, weekly) for UK Customer Operations “front office” activities (Customer Services, Sales Operations, Credit & Collections)
- Defining and agreeing appropriate contingency measures to safeguard service level delivery
- Support UK Customer Operations wide root cause analysis for major resourcing problems working closely with the service verticals
- To work with UK Customer Operations’ Support Services to balance in-source/outsourced resource loading to meet the short-term fluctuations in demand for UK Customer Operations activities, maintaining agreed service levels and meeting regulatory/statutory demands
- Strong understanding and experience of the delivery of commercial and customer value through resource planning and capability development, including knowledge of the associated tools and methodologies
- Operating at a senior level within a Customer Operations/Customer Service environment
- Embedding a culture that celebrates customer focus as well as ensuring both quality and compliance
- Creation and implementation of multi-stranded business strategy within a customer service environment – focus on strategic priorities
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to operate effectively within a constantly changing environment. Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations, employing reason-driven decision-making. Ability to ask for help when needed
- A team builder and leader with a passion for excellent customer delivery – ability to delegate effectively. Ensure roles and responsibilities are clear, with efficient use of relevant staff
- Ability and willingness to challenge the status quo - takes a broad perspective, looking within and externally, to encourage and develop new and innovative ideas which will enhance the business
- Strong sense of purpose and positive attitude, with proven ability to deliver results and manage change effectively within large, complex organisations. Engages and facilitates others to work collaboratively to achieve real change. Seeks out opportunities to effect change to improve organisational performance
- Gravitas and credibility to build relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and influence in a matrix environment
- Confident communicator with a strong influencing style and openness to learn and improve
- Sound financial, commercial and strategic judgement
- Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Leading and developing a Resource Planning team
- Progressive experience as a Senior Manager
- Developing and leading world-class strategies and teams within a progressive organisation
- A background in a customer focused business, ideally within the energy sector
Salary: £90,000 dependant on experience with £7,800 car allowance, bonus and benefits
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Head of Short Term Resource Planning R9919784’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.