Product Pool Senior Manager
- Ensure the P&L success of each of the four product sectors (Energy, Contract, Non-contract and Bundles) across Customer Products and Propositions (CP&P) by leading the product resource pool to deliver excellent commercial and customer outcomes for UK-Home
- Lead the career and in-role development of the Product Pool team (circa 25) to ensure UK-Home has a market leading resource pool of product professionals
- Lead the development of the product development and product management pipeline of activity and align the product pool resources to deliver commercial success for UK-Home
- Lead the strategic thinking and decision making required to continuously evaluate and adjust the CP&P pipeline of activity against the changing external market place and UK-Home strategic priorities
Accountable for the delivery of the UK-Home product development and product management pipeline through the effective allocation, support and leadership of the product pool
- Accountable for the leadership and development of Customer Proposition and Product Managers and Assistant Managers
- Responsible for the on-going recruitment and retention of a market leading product pool
- Leadership of the development programme for the pool, ensure projects are allocated in such a way as to drive excellent results for the business whilst stretching and developing the individuals involved. Develop a succession plan to support this development and meet the stretching needs of the business
- Responsible for the management of the UK-Home product pipeline on behalf of CP&P and the allocation of resource to deliver this pipeline
- Lead the strategic thinking and decision making required to continuously evaluate and adjust the CP&P pipeline of activity against the changing external market place and UK-Home strategic priorities. Ensure trade-offs are made effectively to maximise commercial value across the portfolio whilst delivering the best outcomes for the customer
- Demonstrable experience in blue chip consumer marketing businesses, operating within a complex regulatory environment
- Significant experience of leading large product development and product management teams with individuals at a management level
- Experience of career coaching and mentorship within commercial environments
- Proven experience of strategy development and product pipeline analysis and decision making
- Experience of operating within senior leadership teams responsible for driving profitable growth and adding real value to a business
- Experience using influencing skills to sell solutions across all levels of an organisation
Competitive salary and benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Product Pool Senior Manager R9933932’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.