Wholesale Mid-Marketer (Power)
Job DescriptionDE Business is the largest commercial and industrial retailer in North America
based on customer numbers. It provides natural gas and electricity sales to
small, medium and large-size businesses, public institutions, and government.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills required to build and maintain working relationships both internally and externally
- Self-motivated to achieve success in a rapidly evolving environment
- Demonstrates knowledge of significant aspects of the wholesale power trading business especially in trading/marketing transactions
- Knowledge of North East bulk electric grid infrastructure
- Demonstrated capabilities in: negotiating and analyzing of wholesale transactions
- Existing relationships with key counterparties are essential (e.g., Munis, Coops, REPs, IPPs)
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate across the organizational functions
- Must be comfortable functioning in an unstructured environment
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Finance, Economics and/or Engineering
- Minimum 10-years work experience in Mid Marketing, Origination and/or Trading in Northeast ISO’s (NEPool, NYISO, PJM and MISO markets)
- Willingness to travel – Approximately 40% travel to client locations for meetings/presentations.
The Power Mid Marketer’s primary responsibilities include identifying and executing Mid-Marketing opportunities with Cooperatives, Municipalities, Utilities, Hedge Funds, and Indirect Marketers. Furthermore, the individual will work closely with the internal retail group to optimize the Company’s existing Portfolio. The Mid Marketer will also assist and work closely as a team with Power Origination in identifying Long Term structured deals (EMA’s, Full Requirements, HRCO’s and Tolls). In addition, the Mid Marketer will be responsible for guiding opportunities and cross functional work teams through the deal approval processes and work collectively with Credit, Legal, Trading and Operations. It is essential that the Mid Marketer have established long term relationships in the Northeast Power Markets with a proven track record of success.
- Create margin opportunities by developing new business, identifying and executing proprietary and arbitrage transactions, optimizing existing portfolio of assets, assist with strategy development for commodity business
- Identify and execute opportunities to enhance earnings, reduce risk, or otherwise optimize the Company’s portfolio via structures and products
- Establish and maintain relationships with key influencers in the marketplace.
- Assess and translate market competition, industry trends, emerging customer challenges and changes in the marketplace into market strategies and product offerings.
- Partner with Trading, Asset Management, Risk Management and Contract Administration to insure deal profitability.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability