Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
HVAC installer for Direct Energy Home Services will be required to do the following, but not limited to:
• Heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
• Indoor air quality products.
• Air to air exchangers.
• Hot water tanks.
• Tankless water heaters.
• Custom or small fabrication runs of sheet metal items.
In general, HVAC installer:
• Lay out, measure and mark dimensions and reference lines on sheet metal according to drawings or templates or as builds on the job lay outs.
• Install and repair HVAC products and ensure installations conform to specifications and building codes and Direct Energy HS&E procedures.
• Supply, install, service and repair air handling equipment, furnaces, fans and air terminal devices.
• HVAC installers may work from verbal instructions or blueprints, or design small jobs themselves.
HVAC installer work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather. They may make some products in a shop and install them on sites. Other products such as plenum adapters, return air ducts, etc. Have to be measured and cut at the construction site.
A 40 hour work week is normal but overtime may be required to meet deadlines.
Considerable bending, reaching, working at heights or in cramped spaces may be required. Lifting and moving items that weigh over 20 kilograms also may be required.
HVAC installers need the following characteristics:
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Eye-hand coordination, spatial and form perception, good eyesight and manual dexterity
• The ability to visualize a finished product from a drawing
• The ability to stand for long periods, do some heavy lifting and carrying, and work in high, awkward and noisy places
• Patience, dependability and accuracy.
• Current driver’s license.
• Positive attitude.
To work in Alberta, a sheet metal workers must be ONE of the following:
• A registered apprentice
• An Alberta-certified journeyperson
• Someone who holds a recognized related trade certificate.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability