Director, Governmental and Regulatory Affairs
Centrica plc is an international energy and services company. Everything we do is focused on satisfying the changing needs of our customers. We supply energy and services to over 27 million customer accounts mainly in the UK, Ireland and North America through strong brands such as British Gas, Direct Energy, Hive and Bord Gáis. Our areas of focus are Energy Supply & Services, Connected Home, Distributed Energy & Power, Energy Marketing & Trading. We aim to be a good corporate citizen; employer of choice and to provide leadership in a dynamic and changing world.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with western states energy regulatory policies.
- Minimum four years of lobbying experience in California. Other states are a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of California’s Direct Access and Community Choice Aggregation programs, as well as the individuals who lead those efforts for the state.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong credibility, reputation and ethical track record.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products.
- Self-starter, entirely self-sufficient and confident to complete tasks within region, comfortable working from a home office. Strong creativity
Regional expert on regulatory and governmental affairs for western states including California, Arizona and Nevada who will lead Centrica companies to greater commercial successes in the Western United States. The job holder will be required to manage a varied work load.
Key areas will include:
- Interpreting, anticipating, advocating, and disseminating complex regulatory and legislative actions by state governing bodies.
- Cooperatively or independently joining regulatory proceedings to advance Centrica’s corporate interests.
- Cooperatively or independently lobbying state governments to advance Centrica’s corporate interests.
- Identifying and recommending membership in trade associations and special interest groups to improve Centrica’s successes.
- Provide timely reporting and updates within the corporation for commercial and financial execution.
- Work as a team member across the world to share best practices and policies.