Corporate Development - Analyst - Distributed Energy
Centrica is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. It operates in North America as Direct Energy which provides commercial energy solutions to over 240,000 large energy customers in states with deregulated energy markets. Centrica recently formed the Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) global business to serve its large commercial and industrial (C&I) customers’ growing need for energy efficiency, flexible onsite generation, energy management and optimization: www.centrica.com/distributed-energy/.
The corporate development analyst is a key member of DE&P's Business Development organization, a lean team responsible for supporting a broad range of corporate development activities, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnership opportunities available to DE&P. The analyst will support a range of senior professionals in originating, evaluating and analyzing these opportunities. Duties include: running valuation and operating models, conducting company and market research, interfacing with potential deal and external other leads and generally providing the team with the insights and analysis it requires for success. The environment will be fast-paced and challenging. You will be required to self-manage, learn quickly, communicate clearly and put to use a variety of technical and analytical skills.
This position places you at the intersection of corporate development and cutting edge energy platforms. You be working directly with senior managers and directors in a global organization.
- Excellent analytical and qualitative skills
- Experience creating and running valuation models
- Completely proficient in all areas of Excel
- Skilled at producing market and company research
- Smart and motivated, with ability to quickly process financial information
- Preference for candidates with power and energy industry technical domain knowledge, including wholesale power market operations and products, utility/grid automation systems, demand response management, meter data management and distributed energy resource management
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance or economics
- Ideally 2 years experience finance, banking or energy
- Minimum 3 - 4 years experience in corporate development
- Evaluate and value M&A and other corporate development opportunitiesfor DE&P
- Produce financial models and related analysis
- Perform financial due diligence on potential acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships
- Research industry trends, competitive landscape and product development
- Provide periodic status reports, presentations and documentation
- Collaborate closely with other global teams, including in Centrica’s UK corporate headquarters