Business Support Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Business Support Analyst is primarily responsible for working with Core IS, the business users and the Business Support development team to collect, assess, and resolve system issues impacting processing or quality.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Three or more years experience working with Information Technology solutions and experience in business process analysis
- Energy experience is preferred
- Ability to provide significant interaction with Direct Energy Business and technical employees at all levels
- Ability to effectively understand the business need and act as a liaison between the business users and the technical team
- Proven experience in business process analysis, and experience in Business Support activities
- General technical understanding and SQL query skills are needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of C#, Team Foundation Server, Visual Basic preferred.
- Receive, analyze, and document Level 2 system issues as reported by the Business Users or the Help Desk
- Work with the Business Support developers and external support teams to confirm recommended solutions and implement code or data changes as necessary
- Periodically meet with key business users to review their Business Support queue and suggest business process or application LifeCycle changes to resolve reoccurring items
- Support long-term solutions by working with the Business Users, Business Analysts, and Project Managers to document these solutions as new LifeCycle or Project work
- Maintain the Business Support knowledge base / library with problem descriptions and current recommended solutions
- Conduct support review sessions with the help desk and business super users
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text