Transaction Control Analyst
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
This position will be located in Houston, TX as part of the Direct Energy Business Product Control team.
Reporting to the Manager, Transaction Control, the Analyst, Transaction Control will assist to ensure the capture and verification of transactions that commercial personnel execute on a daily basis as part of Direct Energy’s business activities.
The incumbent will interact with counterparts at other companies as well as internal trading, risk, accounting, and legal personnel
- Post secondary degree
- 3-4 years of professional experience, preferably in the energy commodity industry.
- High attention to detail and conscientious approach to validating data
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Innovative thinker who is team player, proactive, self motivated, and who can see the bigger picture
- Ability to build and maintain professional internal working relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills to handle multiple assignments independently
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
A competitive salary, incentive plan and benefits are part of the total rewards that Direct Energy has to offer in addition to flexible programs. Direct Energy offers career opportunities that will help you tap into your unlimited potential.
- Review and validate energy transactions in Energy and Trading Risk Management system with internal sources and external counterparties
- Understand and apply internal financial and operational controls to all tasks, to ensure transactions are completed properly and correctly
- Ensure compliance with Dodd-Frank (US) and Canadian Reporting policies
- Produce, track and file documentation related to validation of energy transactions
- Assist in implementation of changes in controls to improve the control environment, particularly as it relates to proper valuations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others in the organization including Product Control, Front Office, Legal, Settlements, and Internal Audit.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability