HVAC Service Technician - One Hour Heating and Air
One Hour Heating and Air in, A Direct Energy Company, is hiring in the Greater Cincinnati, Ohio area for Service Technicians! May be eligible for a SIGN ON BONUS up to $5,000.00!!!!! #Onehour
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Service Technician I performs semi-skilled and skilled work in the operation, maintenance, and repair of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. The Service Technician I provides exceptional customer service and educates customers regarding technical and investment decisions by providing multiple options and solutions while making service calls in customer’s homes.
- Service, repair, and/or propose replacement of gas furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, electric furnaces, packaged terminal units, ductless split systems, humidification and dehumidification equipment, electronic air cleaners and air purification systems, residential control systems to include Evolution and zoning systems.
- Troubleshoot, adapt, and resolve/repair all issues to keep equipment functioning properly.
- Test each system after service/repair is complete to ensure the system is functioning properly.
- Perform proper inspection of customer system to prevent future issues.
- Explain each service and repair performed to customers.
- Assess systems and assist the customer in making a buying decision through detailed education of current system needs as well as a thorough cost/benefit analysis of purchasing a new system.
- Accurately documents:
- Age and type of each system component on invoices.
- Services completed.
- Discussion with customer regarding current and/or future equipment/service requirements.
- Invoices and costs for service.
- Debrief service call with dispatch after each service call.
- Turn in all parts receipts, packing slips, contracts, and invoices daily.
- Wear floor savers while working in client homes.
- Inspection of area for cleanliness after job completion.
- Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by:
- Wearing only company approved and provided One Hour apparel.
- Following safety policies and procedures.
- Abiding by ALL One Hour standards of performance and code of ethics.
- Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
- Respecting the customer’s property.
- Participate in ALL company sponsored training classes.
- Assist in mentoring and training maintenance technicians.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Minimum of 2 years of verifiable experience as a Service Technician in a residential service and maintenance operation.
- Knowledge of the fundamental of operational functionality of residential heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment.
- Solid communication and customer service skills.
- Must have appropriate trade tools.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- EPA Certification.
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability