Cash Application Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Cash Application Analyst is a key member of the Receivables Management team and is responsible for the timely and accurate posting of cash to customer accounts and general ledger. The Analyst is responsible for 1) processing electronic and manual remittance transactions and posting adjustments, 2) reconciling cash transactions and 3) analyzing and resolving posting and customer issues. She/he will also have an end-to-end working knowledge of daily cash application processing functions.
- Associates degree at a minimum; experience in Finance and Accounting preferred
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in Financial Accounting or Accounts Receivable
- 1-2 years SAP experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent math and “10-key” skills
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of North American gas and power markets, competitors and/or Accounting/Finance would be considered an asset
- Records payments (lockbox, ACH, IVRs, Direct Debits, Wires) to the appropriate customer accounts in a timely, accurate manner while adhering to cash application policies and procedures.
- Ensures that exceptions (payments not processed through daily automation) are applied daily and accurately.
- Researches unsupported payments with customers, as well as colleagues from Collections & Customer Experience, for proper posting.
- Resolves misapplied or unapplied payment issues for customers with a sense of urgency.
- Reconciles the cash deposit received from the bank and ensures that the deposit and the upload into the general ledger/billing platform reconcile.
- Records daily customer payment application results against cash deposits and maintain an accurate log of daily unapplied customer payments.
- Prepares Salesforce ticket and journal entry for direct debit and check returns when received on bank statement.
- Runs direct debit program for auto ACH payments.
- Prepares detailed, accurate and organized, accounts receivable reconciliations for customer requests as well as internal requests.
- Completes requests from other departments sent via Salesforce.com and AR Customer Research Tower Mailbox in a timely manner.
- Communicates quality issues regarding imaging services and bank posting while ensuring corrections are completed by using the escalation process.
- Assists with documenting and maintaining all processes and procedures related to cash application efforts and adheres to cash application policies.
- Recommends improvements for streamlining internal processes across organizational functions with the goal of mitigating risks and improving cash application timeliness and accuracy.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports that will identify operational issues or provide visibility.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text