Director of Commercial Business Development
We’re Direct Energy (DE) Solar—the leading residential solar specialist in the country; a believer of change, technology, and goodwill; an enthusiast for renewable energy and a greener planet.
THIS IS AN INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR ROLE.
C&I Sales Executives are responsible for generating C&I (including non-profit education, and municipalities) sales utilizing company resources to develop a system design, production estimate and cost estimate for the customer. Commercial Sales Executives will walk a prospective customer through the various considerations required for installing and operating a solar system. Commercial Sales Executives will show a prospective customer why a solar system designed, constructed, warrantied and maintained by Direct Energy Solar is superior to other offerings in the marketplace. To a great degree, the sales process will involve the analysis of the customers current electrical utilization and spending, as well as the various financing alternatives available to customer in order to demonstrate how solar will save them money. Duties include responding to sales leads, documenting all sales activity into SalesForce, building new business relationships, creating sales pipelines, and most importantly closing new business to successfully grow Direct Energy’s solar business.
New position for MA/RI markets to capitalize on new incentive programs in both states
- A minimum of five years’ experience successfully selling a complex product or service, preferable in the C&I market.
- Must demonstrate a strong record of achievement by consistently outperforming quotas, winning sales awards, and growing a market.
- Strong financial skills to model and present financing alternatives for the customer.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, presentation and negotiation.
- Experience in relevant computer applications, including spreadsheets and CRM.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Driver’s license.
- Aggressively pursue and develop new leads: calling warm prospects identified through professional networking, referral partnerships, residential sales and other Direct Energy businesses.
- Collaborate with DE-NADE and DE-NAB on opportunities, incorporate other DE solutions to provide customers with integrated energy solutions.
- Maintain SalesForce database of all leads and opportunities, while tracking all activities, from initial lead development through close and fulfillment.
- Continually work to generate sales through sales activities including tradeshows, networking, cold-calling, industryevents, speaking opportunities, and referrals.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of commercial solar products, competitor offerings, SREC valuations and financing products
- Obtain customer contracts, addendums, credit applications, and other paperwork correctly and in a timely manner and update customer files in Salesforce.
- Explain the SREC registration and generation process and obtain necessary SREC registration paperwork from customers.
- Respond promptly and professionally to leads and potential customers.
- Provide management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, market situations, competitive activities, and potential for new products.
- Accurately forecast contract closing timeframes, project values, and gross margin estimates.
- Address ongoing customer concerns and complaints that arise prior to installation.
- Facilitate training of new Commercial Sales Executives, as requested.
- All other duties as assigned
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability