Commercial Modeling Analyst
Distributed Energy and Power is a global business unit within Centrica with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and energy-producing assets they have on their own sites. In North America, we have existing and forthcoming solutions that we want to offer to customers within the commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors.
The Commercial Modeling Analyst is a member of the North American Distributed Energy Commercial team, whose central capability is to allow DE&P to offer bespoke distributed energy solutions to large energy users. Reporting directly to the Manager of Commercial Modeling, this role is expected to work collaboratively across the Centrica organization to assist in the development of our modelling capabilities to support a wide range of products and solutions we offer to our customers.
- Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or Business strongly preferred
- Five or more years industry related experience required
- Industry experience – including but not limited to – energy, renewables, technology, insurance, banking, and consultancy, would be desirable
- Knowledge of North American natural gas and power markets strongly preferred
- Sound understanding of both commodity and non-commodity based energy products strongly preferred
- Highly developed quantitative skills
- Excellent working knowledge of database design and languages
- Strong financial and business analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to: manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines, work effectively with cross-functional teams, solve problems and make quick decisions
- Financial reasoning and commercial analytical skills; ability to distil numerical complexity into sound commercial plans and processes. Convey options and decisions to non-finance/non-commercial partners
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• This role is responsible for modeling and forecasting energy savings associated with distributed energy solutions projects, as well as assisting in developing and improving our processes and analytics tools. This includes standing up our ability to provide economic impact analysis our projects have on customers’ utility based transmission and distribution rates, as well as identifying applicable rebates and incentive opportunities.
• Model development for new technologies that demonstrates our value proposition to our customers, quantifying financial risks and benefits associated with changes to energy consumption and peak demand management, is another key focus of this position. In addition, the Commercial Modeling Analysis is a valuable resource to the whole organization for modeling expertise to assist in review and optimization support for a wide range of existing models.
- Develop and maintain modeling and database capabilities for both utility T&D rates, as well as rebate and incentive programs
- Understand utility tariff impacts associated with project solutions
- Analysis and forecast of impacts and befits associated with changes in energy demand and consumption
- Work with members of the North American Distributed Energy teams to support commercial development opportunities
- Support ongoing model development and optimization, including Assist in related initiatives to improve our modelling and analytical capabilities
- Process development and improvements to ensure scalability success.
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text