Contact Center Site Director
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related area required. Master’s degree in business or organizational psychology preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 10+ years’ experience working within a progressive call center management position and demonstrated ability to lead people and get results
- Must have experience working in BOTH an internal and outsourced call center environment
- Must have a strong understanding and competency in call center workforce management discipline
- Must have a strong understanding of IT/Telephony systems within a call center
- Robust knowledge of call center technologies including IVR’s, predictive dialers, CRM’s and Chat
- Experience managing call center(s) in excess of 300+ employees
- Experience in effectively delivering change within a sales and customer focused organization.
- Proactive leader who can energize multiple teams in an environment of change and/or growth
- Confident self-starter able to facilitate strategic discussion to move business forward
- Determined achiever focused on delivery and problem resolution, recognized as a natural influencer with an ability to find creative solutions to deliver business plan targets
- Persuasive, confident and articulate presenter/motivator across all levels internally and externally
The Site Directors primary responsibility is the management and oversight of the Direct Energy Call Center (DECC), along with the understanding of how to leverage external stakeholders to support the business objectives, and ensure Direct Energy contracts are adhered to. This position will be responsible for the development and execution of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets while working through others to ensure targets are met for multiple lines of businesses within the call center. The Site Director must have a strong working knowledge of call center operations such as workforce management (WFM), IT, training, and quality assurance. This position will also require a high degree of engagement with staff, and will be required to meet objectives by enrolling the commitment and buy-in from others. This position will require strong initiative and self-direction; however, results will only be achieved with and through people. This position will be directly responsible for the culture and engagement within the center by ensuring their direct reports are properly managed and developed within their roles to effectively support their departments.
People Management - 40%
- Employee engagement will be key focus to ensure performance is optimized
- Supporting teams to ensure that barriers to success are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Effective performance management principles must be known and reinforced
- Effective verbal and non-verbal communication with all levels of staff to reinforce Direct Energy’s vision; Simple, Friendly and Direct
- Lead and motivate an organizational team of call center managers responsible for day-to-day operational functions within a customer focused sales environment
- Develop and maintain department understanding of customer needs and strategies in order to set organizational direction and create opportunities to achieve objectives
- Manage all staff issues, including staffing and selection, goal setting, annual reviews, compensation planning and career development
Operations Management – 20%
- Establish department strategy in line with corporate and customer service objectives and goals and support senior management in developing broader call center strategy
- Review WFM to ensure staffing and production within DECC, and the vendor remain at appropriate levels
- Review DECC operational metric daily and make appropriate recommendations as required
- Remain engaged with IT/Telephony management teams to ensure proper systems and tools are operating efficiently
Administration and Reports Management – 10%
- Manage the implementation of DECC initiatives and processes
- Provide DECC reports to senior management
- Build reporting and analysis requirements
- Maintain accurate records to track performance of multiple departments
- Accountable for budget preparation, administration, resource planning and allocation.
Stakeholder Relationships – 30%
- Maintain constant and open communication with stakeholders
- Ensure DE contracts are being adhered to
- Work closely with WFM team to ensure proper distribution of calls are being met
- Build and enhance relationships through cross functional interactions between multiple stakeholders within the organization
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability