Propositions Marketing Lead
We want to help you make time for the best moments in life. The moments that put a smile on your face. The stuff that brings you joy. We think we all spend too much time doing things we don’t want to do, and not enough doing the things we love; and it’s about time that changed. We’ve created a family of smart products and services that connect your home and make daily living easier. It means more time enjoying, and less time planning. More time doing, and less time organizing. We think that’s what life’s all about. Let’s get living.
- Significant first-hand experience leading product marketing for a growing consumer tech brand, with a minimum 8-12 years of professional brand/marketing experience.
- Understanding of technology and start-up cultures with expertise in bringing new products to market.
- Previous experience translating global product strategies into marketing and messaging strategies for specific markets.
- Deep experience crafting compelling use cases for specific target audiences.
- Understanding of how competitive analysis feeds into overall marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated experience building business cases for strategic recommendations.
- Previous experience as a key stakeholder in marketing research projects.
- Self-starter who thrives in a highly matrixed environment, working in close collaboration with both formal and informal teams.
- Previous experience with agile development methodology desirable.
- Classic product marketing experience with a major brand is preferred but marketing consulting experience or strategic planning from a top tier agency would also be helpful.
- Own the go-to-market approach and messaging strategy for both new and existing propositions/products/features.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Global propositions and product development teams to represent the voice of the US and Canadian consumer during the development of new propositions. Provide input on future value props pipeline for North America.
- Participate as key stakeholder in all consumer marketing research across North America, liaising with the NA market research manager to develop a deep understanding of how consumers use Hive products and services in their daily lives.
- Take a leadership role in the development of a world-class product marketing function, including establishing best practices that can be replicated across the globe.
- Craft compelling consumer use cases that are grounded in consumer behavioural analysis while also supporting the Hive brand promise.
- Deeply understand the competitive messaging landscape and identify gaps that can be leveraged. Develop messages to overcome competitive threats.
- Be the expert on both US and Canadian IoT buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria. Understand the needs of the next wave of IoT buyers and what would attract them to the technology.
- Understand regional nuances based on differences in consumer lifestyle/housing/culture and develop messaging strategies to meet those differentiated needs.
- Monitor the pulse of emerging consumer behavior with regards to IoT products and services through social media monitoring and in-marketing research. Anticipate the behaviors can create opportunities for the Hive brand and communicate those opportunities to senior leaders, product developers and commercial teams.
- Author all North American product messaging guides including crafting core strategic message map, competitive message landscape, sample copy, selection of key representative images, write consumer-facing FAQs, etc.
- Write powerful strategic briefs articulating and provide guidance/ feedback to marketing teams and 3rd party advertising agency teams to ensure all marketing materials capture the intent of each proposition.
- Liaise with the marcom, digital marketing, consumer development and PR teams to ensure new propositions are integrated into the NA marketing roadmap.
- Drive innovation across the NA marketing organization.
- Lead ad hoc special projects for senior executive leadership.
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>