Sales and Operations Manager
Job Summary/Primary Focus:
The Manager, Contact Center Operations will be responsible for the development and execution of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales, retention, & operations goals that will require partnering with various business leaders as well as motivating the commitment and buy-in from peers & staff.
The focus of this job will be to make connections with people, motivating and inspiring them to achieve results. This is a fast paced and results oriented role. While there is urgency to goal achievement, responsibility for achievement of results needs to be shared and effectively delegated to their team when necessary. Initiating projects and processes beyond the established organization practices will often require partnership, consensus building, training, developing & enlisting the support of others.
- Act as the key point of contact for the assigned contact center business team, working with:
- business leaders
- inbound and outbound leaders;
- internal leads;
- outsourcer leads; and
- shared service leads.
- Oversight of the forecasting and planning work related to call center; including signing off on the master FTE and volume allocation plan
- Work closely with the Client Services Manager, on brand standards, etc.
- Act as the Product and Process integration lead
- Own; create and optimize processes for assigned business unit, achieving agreed upon KPIs
- Achieve various sales targets, working closely with product program managers to create sales programs that drive Best Advice sales
- Own various projects and initiatives which will directly impact performance of assigned contact center business unit
- Directly manage & develop team of up to 125 in-direct reports within an inbound and outbound call center environment supporting new and existing customers
- Ensures that the sales, retention, and operations team effectively communicates the features and benefits of the Company's products, with a goal of achieving targeted sales, retention, customer satisfaction, and sales conversion ratios.
- Exhibit an appropriate level of initiative and sound business judgment to address and elevate issues hindering the ability to effectively retain customers and close sales.
- Work closely with other areas within the Company to understand product features and marketing campaigns to effectively align messaging.
- Provide expertise on continual process improvement of business process by maintaining up-to-date high-level knowledge of internal processes and products.
- Analyze business unit performance via live and historical data requirements and make sound business decisions to achieve established retention, customer satisfaction, and sales performance goals.
- Achieve service level standards, manage average speed of answer and call abandonment rate.
- Support and adhere to all company personnel policies, and disciplinary action procedures.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Relationship Management
- Delivery Leadership
- Operational Leadership
- People Leadership
- Commercial Acumen
Coaching and Mentoring:
- Develop, communicate and monitor individual and team performance standards.
- Identify on-going training needs.
- Continuously strive for superior sales and retention performance levels through ongoing mentoring and training.
- Create a team environment that motivates employees, manages performance, recognizes achievement and develops staff.
- Identify and address individual and team performance gaps against expected results throughout the performance period.
- Manage performance standards and conduct performance evaluations, taking disciplinary action as needed. Monitor employee performance against critical behaviors and results expected throughout the performance period.
- Assess and make recommendations regarding staffing issues and operational concerns.
- Influence decisions regarding hiring, firing and promotion.
- Oversee, mentor and assist a team of supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, leadership preferred, High School Diploma required
- 7+ years of inbound call center experience (inbound sales/customer service)
- Experience with call center technology ACD, workforce management, agent productivity tools, and call trafficking management
- Extensive mentoring and coaching experience/skills.
- Teamwork oriented, with a documented background of success through team interactions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with employees, peer and senior level management
- Must be extremely flexible to work within a dynamic call center environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in problem-solving
- Ability to manage all details for a variety of projects and meet deadlines
- Experience in up-sell/cross-sell environments
- Proven ability to work well in a high pressure/target driven environment
- 10+ years of experience in leading shared services teams, experience in telesales, managing multiple direct reports at a leadership level
- 8+ years of experience working in a call center environment working in and/or overseeing call center operations.
- 2+ Process improvement and change management leadership experience
- 2+ Project management experience
- Excellent organizational skills, be detail oriented, and able to follow departmental quality control procedures
The functions, qualifications, responsibilities, and requirements listed above represent the essential functions of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The listed Essential Functions do not necessarily include all activities that the incumbent may perform.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability