Solar O&M Manager
- To build and lead a team in order to safely, effectively and efficiently manage the operation, maintenance and performance optimisation of a portfolio of customer owned solar PV assets.
- Current portfolio consists of 18 contracts totalling 60MWp across 1,200 sites - ranging from 2.5kW school rooftops to 4.9MWp ground mount installations.
- Increase the current portfolio of commercial and industrial customers.
- HSE Compliance - Implement a generative / proactive HSE approach to your team's operations in line with industry best practice.
- Compliance with legislation and Centrica policies and process for the safe operation of our assets.
- Deliver against department target achieve the agreed revenue / margin forecast for each project and maintain department opex in line with forecast and plan.
- Protect against contract damages (availability and PR) for each contract.
- Ensure repeat and add-on business through delivering great service and lead on securing new business.
- Supporting wider growth and development of DE&P including maximising opportunities for aligning of operations, sharing resource and standardising best practice
- Inspire and develop your team ensuring there are adequate resources, including contingency arrangements, to run the business and meet our customer commitments
- Member of the UK&I O&M leadership team
- Responsible for ensuring monitoring and reporting individual and portfolio contract performance against KPIs for HSE, quality, cost and time.
- Day-to-day management of a team including account manager, resource planner and solar PV engineers, ensuring adherence to safety requirements at all time.
- Determining common causes of lost production and identifying performance improvement opportunities
- Identifying maintenance requirements, scheduling resources, safely managing work control and reporting on completed work
- Producing O&M plans in accordance with contract, manufacturer’s requirements and good industry practice
- Managing customer and supplier relationships and equipment warranties
- Ensuring client invoicing and supplier payment is carried out correctly
- Expert knowledge of the solar operation and maintenance business
- Strong leadership and team building and management experience
- Experience of working in commercial organisations delivering services to customers
- Relevant industry qualification and accreditation
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with both internal and external personnel at various levels of seniority
- Commercial acumen with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Assimilating key information from complicated documentation and distilling down into key deliverables.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Solar O&M Manager R9930932’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.