Sr. Database Developer
This position requires an individual with strong database development skills, report development , architect and DB/code optimization skills to design and develop new data in our data mart. The candidate will be responsible for building new data using business requirements as well as developing enhancements to existing data structures and processes. He/she will be responsible for developing solutions which will improve the broader team’s reporting and analytic capabilities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in computer science or related discipline
- Certification with Microsoft SQL Server SSIS, SSRS and SSAS or 8 years of in-depth practice and knowledge
- Hands-on expertise with a variety of ETL processes and tools
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence solutions
- Strong experienced with Oracle and MS SQL Server environments
- Minimum 8-10 years experience administering Database
- Strong experience with SSRS and SSAS components an asset
- Strong experience with dealing with data from multiple sources with varying data quality issues
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Detail-oriented with the drive to produce accurate results on-time and on-spec
- Self-motivated and highly adaptable to evolving business needs
- Understanding of SDLC principles
- Understanding of data governance principles
- Retail power, utilities, or trading experience preferred
- Improve the overall reporting and analytic capabilities of the team through the continued development of our data mart.
- Automate processes in order to improve team and NAH efficiencies.
- Improve processes to enhance the quality of the underlying data.
- Review current processes and advise on database design plans to support business needs.
- Develop quality control processes to ensure quality of data feeds.
- Automate data feeds to data mart from various internal and external sources of data.
- Work collaboratively with individuals and groups across the NAH organization to build solutions for the business.
- Standardizing coding of data to enable better data consolidation.
- Develop variety of ETL processes and tools.
- Use advanced Microsoft Excel skills to:
- Analyze, gather and understand raw data.
- Build ad-hoc data summaries for presentations and analytics.
- Develop dictionaries, schemas and documentation.
- Deliver detail-oriented results on-time and on-spec.
- Respond to and support ad-hoc reporting needs.
- Analyze business requirements and design technical solutions
- Partner with the Data Governance team to ensure compliance
- Partner with the IT team to ensure strategic and technical alignment
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>