Customer Support Representative - Hive
Customer Service Agent - Hive
Locations; Cambridge (2 minutes walk from train station)
Salary; Circa £20,000 (may be flex depending on experience) + bonus & benefits
Connected Home was given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone and not just the technophiles amongst us. We are here to give customers more control over their lives and homes by providing products that are beautiful in their simplicity and design. Our first product, Hive Active Heating™ was created from this philosophy.
We look for brilliant people who love solving challenging problems and develop innovative products. At Connected Homes, we give you the chance to make an impact while working in an environment that facilitates learning and collaboration.
What will you be up to
- Providing customers with exceptional support exceeding expectations by dealing with their questions in a friendly, timely and helpful manner, and in an unscripted fashion – These escalations will be received electronically from our in house contact centres
- You’ll manage emails and other communications efficiently ensuring that service levels and company standards are achieved – On occasion we may offer telephone support, this is not currently required, however, we could offer this support where relevant for agreed periods
- Endeavour to resolve all customer product and support issues within the first communication
- Initiate appropriate escalation to resolve complex issues gathering sufficient information to enable colleagues to manage through to resolution
- Providing feedback and continuously work towards improving support services by expanding the knowledgebase, ensuring a high degree of customer self service
- Proactively develop personal product knowledge and customer support skills, including regular communication with colleagues to share information and best practice
- Supporting colleagues with additional responsibilities and assist in collective team tasks as required
- You will have the opportunity to learn about connected homes and the internet of things, over time becoming coherent with the technology and developing your skills
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- Educated to GCSE level grade C or above, of which must include English
- Experience in a customer service or support environment desirable
- Technical support experience which would be an advantage
- A great team player with a can-do attitude
- A confident telephone manner to deal with internal colleagues and partners where applicable
- Excellent written skills and ability to communicate with people of all levels
- Proven time management skills to ensure strict targets and deadlines are met
- A flexible approach to working hours and team shift patterns very important
- Ability to think outside the box and confidence to regularly act on own initiative
- Self-motivated, highly organised with great attention to detail
- A fast learner and keen to develop new skills
- Computer literate with an interest in technology and gadgets
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 4 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 500,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing Customer Support Representative - Hive R9927438 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.