Content & Social Media Manager
Content and Social Media Manager (UK)
Location; Rathbone Place, London (5 minutes from Tottenham Ct Road tube station)
Salary; £40, 000 + bonus & excellent benefits
This role will report into the Senior Content and Social Media Manager and sits within the Connected Home arm of Centrica. ‘Hive’ is the go to market brand and, famed for its innovation credentials, is currently leading the smart home category which although new in the UK market is quickly gaining momentum.
We’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial drive to help deliver the content and social media activity in a rapidly scaling organisation both in terms of capability and market presence. At Hive we know that in order to scale we must bring structure and rigour to our planning and execution processes, yet retain an agile and lean mindset to get the job done in the best possible way.
We believe increasing our digital presence and creating best in class content to deliver a superb online brand experience to aid both acquisition and retention is key to unlocking new and exciting audiences as we democratise the category across 2017.
- You’re support the Senior Content and Social Media Manager on executing the strategy to improve sales by driving brand awareness and consideration for Hive products/ solutions through best in class digital and social media campaigns
- Improving ROI efficiencies of the campaigns by following best practice and maximising synergy opportunities across marketing areas
- Driving improvements in brand and commercial KPIs by ensuring coherent alignment between digital and ATL, in life, experiential, retail activity for greater impact
- You’ll drive engagement and NPS, as well as provide additional value by effective management of our existing social media community comprised largely of existing Hive customers
- Driving improvement in sales as well as profitability via SEO by creating relevant content for the website
- Leading the execution of content and social campaigns for support of new product / new functionality launches. To ensure consistency and alignment across these. As well as the production of digital content (display, social, video) to support marketing campaigns, new product / new functionality launches and to ensure branding and messaging is consistent throughout
- Managing the community management aspect of Social Media presence
- Owning the reporting & social listening solution for social media channels and blog with responsibility for regular updates to CCH (Centrica Connected Home)
Required competences for the role;
- Experience of planning and delivery of social media and content campaigns on time and within budget
- Creative development of assets needed for campaign activation, from initial briefing and agency management through to go live.
- Well versed in campaign metrics with demonstrable ability to drive analysis and meaningful insight from available data.
- Strong 3rd party agency management including running nominated agencies as well as conducting performance reviews.
- Strong and confident communicator, able to articulate business requests with agencies as well as manage a diverse network of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent language English skills to ensure highest quality of written content for CCH
- Strong organisation skills to manage multiple projects in a highly dynamic environment
- Strong academics, with intellectual stature – educated to degree level/ relevant professional qualification would be advantageous.
- Firsthand experience in the planning and implementation of social media campaigns for a consumer brand.
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be;
- Experience with integrating social and content activity within broader ATL campaigns
- Up to date knowledge of the latest developments and trends of the major social media and content platforms with a genuine interest in the area
- Strong understanding of analytics, listening & reporting solutions for social and content campaigns
- Experience in developing strong, customer centric, insight driven creative campaigns
- Commercial awareness in how marketing campaigns drive overall business KPIs
- Copywriting skills will be an advantage
- 3rd party agency management
- Experience of efficiently managing campaigns to a predetermined budget
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 4 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 500,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing Content & Social Media Manager R9925950 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.