Lead Process Safety Engineer
Centrica Storage Limited (CSL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc and is legally, financially and physically separate from the rest of Centrica. CSL operates the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. It is the largest gas storage facility in the UK, providing approximately 70% of space and able to meet approximately 10% of the UK’s current peak gas demand.
- Location: Hedon, moving to Hessle in November 2017
- Full time: Permanent
You will be leading CSL's Technical Safety Team, and report to the Head of HSES. You will be the designated person for Process Safety Engineering within the HSES department.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Providing key information for managing the COMAH and Offshore Safety Cases
- Lead the Management of Change system
- Review and update of the COMAH Safety Report and Offshore Safety cases
- Act as “PFEER” Technical Authority
- Lead the MoC process making updates and improvements as necessary
- Responsible for co-ordinating activities essential for the maintenance of the Major Hazard Assessment section of the OMS
- Ensure compliance with COMAH Safety Report and Offshore Safety Cases
You'll need extensive knowledge of the continuous process industry, specifically the oil and gas sector. You'll also need:
- Engineering background, educated to degree level and/or equivalent Chartered Engineer status
- Health and Safety related qualification in either of the following - Risk Management, (Process) Safety Engineering, or Safety Management with proven track record of application in industry
- LOPA, HAZOP, and HAZID leader trained
- Ability to communicate complex risk based issues to all levels of the operation
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to logically assess and analyse a range of data
- Ability to build relationships with Managers and peers
Ideally you'll also have:
- HSE/maintenance/operations experience
- Experience of major accident hazard sites (COMAH and Offshore)
- Registered safety professional/PPSE (IChemE)
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Lead Process Safety Engineer R9930763’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.