Centrica Storage Limited (CSL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc and is legally, financially and physically separate from the rest of Centrica. CSL operates the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. It is the largest gas storage facility in the UK, providing approximately 70% of space and able to meet approximately 10% of the UK’s current peak gas demand.
- Location: The role is office based in Hedon, moving to Hessle in November 2017.
- Travel: Frequent attendance offshore and at CSL's other onshore sites will be required.
- Full time: Permanent
You'll lead CSL's team of onshore top-tier COMAH site and offshore gas installations HSE Advisors. Developing and driving a culture that stimulates high levels of process safety, HSES performance and continuous improvement.
Your day to day duties will include
- Help minimise risk through active management of all major accidents and hazard’s
- Maximise Health, Safety, Environmental and Security performance across CSL
- Review strategies, policies, standards and guidance to the business
- Champion initiatives and strategies that drive HSES performance and cultural change
- Provide strong leadership and proactive support to the Head of HSES
- Lead, manage and professionally develop a team of HSE advisors both onshore and offshore
- Develop and manage a forward agenda of HSES improvement initiatives
- Ensure consistent standards of HSES policy, process and practice are applied across all phases of the asset lifecycle
- Keep abreast of legislative change, influence where possible and ensure that operations and projects are legally compliant and in line with industry best practice
You'll have a track record of Management or Leadership with the ability to influence and embed a HSES agenda at all levels of the organisation. You need to have experience of a range of HSES management systems, processes and tools gained in different environments and contexts e.g. onshore, offshore, project construction.
In addition you also need the following knowledge and qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of managing in a high reliability, major accident hazard environment
- HSES Qualifications – Diploma level or postgraduate regulatory training
- Environmental Management and Lead Auditor qualifications would also be an advantage
- Significant experience at a senior/lead level within the Oil & Gas industry or major accident hazard setting
- Broad understanding of quality management principles and ability to oversee their implementation
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to logically assess and analyse a range of data in all situations from incident management to BAU
- Excellent communication skills
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: HSE Manager R9930741’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.