Audit Executive - Regulatory & Compliance
The Audit Executive - Regulatory & Compliance will be based from our Windsor office. The role holder will project manage the delivery of individual audits and associated reports, or work on a team to deliver such audits, in order to provide assurance to the Audit Committee and to business management. In turn this will support the business in delivering shareholder value, in a culture where customers are treated fairly and the company operates with integrity.
As a function Internal Audit provides an independent and objective assessment of risks and controls across all of Centrica. Internal Audit aims to help the organisation accomplish its objectives by evaluating the effectiveness of its risk management, control, and governance processes.
The global Internal Audit team is c.40 professionals across the UK and North America in size, bringing together a broad range of experience including audit and finance professionals, IT specialists, change management experts and major project delivery and project management practitioners.
- Operational delivery of audit activities working within a team and with wider members of Centrica or other subject experts;
- Identifying gaps in controls and potential implications for discussion within the Internal Audit team and wider stakeholders;
- Manage the activity of others on specific audit assignments and departmental initiatives;
- Lead specific audit assignments and deliver to schedule and to the required quality standards;
- Application of experience, initiative and judgment to situations encountered in audits;
- Appropriate use of escalation to produce high quality deliverables.
- Experience of audit in a regulated environment;
- Analytical with attention to detail but able to propose practical actions;
- Able to understand, identify and clearly articulate risks arising in relation to a wide range of issues with a particular focus on Regulatory and Compliance requirements, identify expected controls and design testing activities in line with the department methodology;
- Robust and independent mindset with the confidence to raise issues appropriately;
- Able to work effectively as part of a team to deliver to tight deadlines;
- Potential to lead small teams and manage smaller groups of people;
- Interest in broadening their knowledge of auditing, risk management and controls around Regulatory and Compliance risks.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Audit Executive - Regulatory & Compliance R9925611’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.