Sr. Employee Relations Manager
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Act as the Employee Relations SME for Direct Energy NA.
Provide coaching/counselling to all levels of management to guide in the successful resolution of ER issues.
Partner will other support functions (e.g. Legal and Compliance) to ensure effective and timely delivery of ER services.
Ensure ER service delivery is consistently applied throughout the enterprise.
Identify and mitigate risk.
Assist the NA ER Director will special projects as required
- Detailed knowledge of US employment law and other applicable legislation.
- Knowledge of relevant US compliance requirements such as OFCCP, EEOC and government reporting (EEO-1/Vets 100-100A).
- Expertise providing ER life-cycle support to all levels of an organization.
- Experience working in a shared service organization.
- Ability to work in a silo organization whilst maintaining an enterprise-wide view.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment with little day-to-day supervision.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a fast paced environment.
Bachelor’s degree in an HR-related field required.
Master’s or other advance degree preferred.
Six years minimum experience providing ER support either as an HR generalist or ER specialist.
Experience partnering with all levels of an organization in the successful delivery of ER services.
- Partner with all levels of line management to provide guidance with respect to performance management, discipline and other ER-related functions.
- Conduct accurate and timely workplace investigations pursuant to Direct Energy’s workplace investigations process/policy.
- Identify high-impact ER issues/risks and institute mitigation steps in partnership with HR BPs.
- Provide fair employment practices (FEP) and equal opportunity (EO) and positive employee relations training to all levels of management.
- Effectively leverage assistance from DE’s Labor and Employment team to address ER issues.
- Proactively identify and mitigate emerging ER issues.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability