Reporting to the Field Foreman, you will be responsible for day to day production, operating activities and field maintenance for combinations of oil and gas wells or battery and gas compression facilities for Centrica Exploration & Production (CE&P) Canada. You will ensure contractors conduct their operational activities in compliance with CE standards, programs and government regulations.
You will support the foreman and liaise with departments including health and safety, auditors, drilling, completions, lease construction, facilities construction, environmental, land and other stakeholders such as regulators, producers, processors and landowners.
This position is located near the Stettler, Alberta area.
- Assist the Lead Operator in managing the day to day operations of the facilities
- Support safe operations by participating in Audits, Inspections and associated Corrective Actions
- Ensure equipment, facilities and wells are maintained by completing minor maintenance or by initiating repairs through the use of an electronic Maintenance Management system
- Issue Safe Work Permits and prepare equipment for maintenance in compliance with all CE rules, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate daily equipment logs, records, production readings and all electronic reporting formats
- Support a culture of accountability by demonstrating and upholding all of CE&P’s Rules, Guidelines, Policies and Procedures
- Support a culture of accountability
- Demonstrate and uphold all of CE&P s rules, guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the operation of company assets
- Junior to Intermediate level of experience as a Production Operator
- High school diploma
- Proven ability to lead others and high safety standards
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Certification in H2S alive, First Aid, WHIMIS, TDG
- Excellent understanding of upstream operations, equipment and terminology
- Ability to shift priorities and focus to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced environment
Centrica Exploration & Production (C E&P) is an international business operating in the UK, Netherlands, Norway, Canada and Trinidad and Tobago, delivering a balanced mix of gas and oil production, power generation and energy trading. C E&P (Canada) is a top ten gas weighted producer in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin with 6760 operating wells and over 600 people across our Western Canada operations.
We operate our businesses reliably and efficiently and by strategically developing energy resources to meet growing consumer demands. Our continuing success is driven by a high performance, pioneering and safety focused culture where the achievements of our people really matter and make a difference.
Please visit our careers page at https://www.centrica.com/careers to apply online.