Category Manager - Fleet
The role is to manage procurement for Centrica's vehicle fleet category.
We are looking for an individual with some proven procurement experience as a Senior Buyer or Junior Category Manager, seeking to manage a larger Category with spend into tens of millions and work with demanding stakeholders.
End-to-end Category Management
- Provides a deep knowledge and understanding of end to end Category Management within relevant categories. Ensures value is maximised from the contract negotiation through the whole life cycle of the category
- Works closely with business stakeholders to understand their needs in detail both today and in the future
- Proactively develops a robust strategic sourcing strategy for use within specific categories which delivers breakthrough results and year on year continuous improvement
- Undertake category and project-related assessments to generate innovative opportunities and robust strategic sourcing plans
- Working as a Business Partner with key internal stakeholders, manage all procurement activity across expenditure categories. This includes the creation and implementation of category plans that will ensure delivery in line with business objectives, regulatory requirements and the landing of all value negotiated
External Market Expertise:
- Be seen by the business as the Procurement / commercial expert for the category
- Understand the category and provide leadership and insight for the business on all aspects of market dynamics, regulatory framework, suppliers and technical innovations
- Report changes and updates through proactive governance
- Source and procure a range of goods and services across one or more expenditure categories, ensuring optimum value for money within defined service and quality criteria
- Identify opportunities for, lead and evaluate competitive tenders and proposals for the supply of goods and services negotiating with suppliers on all commercial and contractual matters and applying judgement as to what constitutes an acceptable level of contractual risk and supply resilience
- Create negotiation strategies and lead complex negotiations
- Deliver a "fit for purpose" sourcing and selection approach which is flexible and delivery focussed
- Draft, negotiate and obtain agreement to commercial contracts ensuring that operational and commercial risks to business are fully understood and minimised
On-going improvements & delivery of value add:
- Achieve defined improvement to the bottom line and cost saving targets by examining total acquisition costs and working closely with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Forecast future expenditure patterns within key business segments, developing appropriate strategies to ensure budgeted value improvements are proactively identified and implemented
- Challenge business plans where alternate opportunities exist to deliver higher value outcomes, ensuring all options have been duly evaluated
- Within the Category Management framework, develop, build and maintain supplier engagement through appraisal and performance monitoring, value analysis, continuous improvement, supplier / supply base development, compliance and demand management
- Coordinate multiple stakeholder interfaces and touch points across the business to ensure a consistent approach
- Ensure compliance to contract terms, both legal and commercial (including value delivery). Lead management of contractual risk and agree in conjunction with senior stakeholders steps to ensure remediation or reduction
- Provide effective overview of supplier performance to contract and support operational teams, if performance issues arise
- Manage commercial interfaces between senior stakeholders from the business and suppliers. Drive communication between the key internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure a consistent approach
- Resolve contractual and supplier disputes where they occur, protecting the interests of the business at all times and engaging legal Business Partners where required. Gain appropriate remediation/recompense for the business if appropriate
- Ensure robust working relationships with any pre-existing business-embedded SRM functions, creating an efficient and seamless flow of activity between the teams for the projects or categories being managed
- Consult in the budgeting process in relation to supplier spend and engage on supplier cost saving initiatives, leading where appropriate
- Challenge requirements and re-negotiate contracts in life and at renewal to optimise value and drive cost savings.
- Clear understanding of Category Management principles
- Detailed understanding of relevant categories
- Comprehensive knowledge of end to end Category Management including market insight, business partnering, negotiation, on-going supplier management and governance
- Experience of complex and business significant categories of expenditure through multiple functions within Category Management and maximising value to the business
- Demonstrable track record of transformational value delivery through identification and implementation of innovative sourcing strategies, continuous improvement plans and demand management
- Understanding of general and contract law
- Demonstrable track record of leading complex contract negotiations
- Understanding of the commercial aims and objectives of Centrica
- Commercial Know-How: Managing for value, is the external market expert, understanding Centrica, understanding our Customers. Partial or full CIPS qualification preferred
- Engagement up to a senior level demonstrating the ability to influence stakeholders and manage conflicting views. Effective networking and business partnering skills
- Self directed, pro-active, flexible, resilient, motivated and results oriented
- Experience of working in a global matrix organisation
- Evidence of managing a category through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Advanced influencing, persuading and negotiating skills. Ability to present complex ideas/concepts and take a consultative approach with stakeholders and peers
- Team player with an ability to manage complex relationships and matrix teams
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify and expeditiously exploit commercial opportunities. Advanced skill using MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Imagination and creativity
- Ability to meet deadlines/deliver on promises
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Category Manager - Fleet R9930029’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.