User Experience Research Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- 3+ years of UX, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), and User-Centered Design principles (UCD) experience
- Experience in a retail or energy services industry preferred
- Proficient with user-centric design
- Knowledge of effective usability skills to advocate and promote standards for usability and user-centered design
- Experienced presenting and selling new ideas to senior management teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Design, Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction, Interactive media, or relevant field of study required
- Experience designing wireframes, developing user cases and mapping user flows.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Excellent communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate large amounts of complex information into clear, concise presentations).
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload in a fast paced, frequently changing environment while remaining detailed and organized.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with best practices in Web design.
- Experience working in cross functional teams.
- Experience presenting UX recommendations
- Wireframing user experiences that balance the users’ needs with mission/business goals and tech capabilities.
- Provide guidance on incorporating user research methodologies into the product design and development lifecycles.
- Create UX process maps, low fidelity prototypes and other artifacts to describe the intended user experience from which UX Designers will work and Product Managers prioritize
- Use critical thinking skills to translate sometimes vague or complex concepts into viable interactive solutions.
- Drive user experience capabilities with the capacity to increase scope and responsibility over time
- Know your way around project management, including juggling multiple parts of a project and keeping up to date with all the moving parts.
- Match innovative thinking with equally innovative execution.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization and the company to ensure we maintain industry leadership, and deliver innovative and exciting designs that meet Company's business goals.
- Ensure site architecture and site optimization strategy keep pace with evolving practices.
- Duties may change; team member may be required to perform other duties as assigned
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>