Executive Sales Director - Distributed Energy & Power - East Region
We are seeking a Senior Sales Leader to be responsible for the East Regions (which includes several key growth markets including the greater New York area, New England, Mid-Atlantic, Mid-West and South East regions). This growth role is a crucial member of the Sales leadership team for North America Distributed Energy & Power. This role is expected to work broadly and collaboratively across Centrica to achieve an exciting and innovative growth agenda to deliver distributed energy solutions for large energy users.
This revenue generating leadership opportunity is a hands-on player/coach leadership role tasked with driving an energy sales organization around a wide array of distributed energy propositions. We are seeking a forward thinking sales leader who has experience in commercial structuring, consultative selling, strong sales methodologies, and experience leading teams through deals of significant scope and size and long sales cycles. This is a highly disruptive offering and an unprecedented opportunity to create a new way of engaging commercial, industrial and other enterprises in the East Regions.
- University degree (business, economics, engineering preferred), MBA or equivalent preferred
- Strong B2B sales experience including complex deals
- Minimum 10 years of energy, capital sales and commercial experience, with a strong track record of new business development
- Experience of leading people, including sales and commercial functions
- Experience in the energy industry is strongly preferred
- Experience selling capital equipment or solution selling is preferable
- Excellent executive / customer presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with influence and quickly build credible relationships
- Proven track record of developing commercial projects
- Knowledge of distributed energy technologies and applications strongly preferred
- Knowledge of North American distributed energy markets strongly preferred
- Knowledge of North American natural gas and power markets preferred
- Quick study; capable of grasping the structure & intricacies of the energy business & markets
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience working in a large/global company with matrix structure/relationships preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel is a must; frequent and regular visits to prospects and customers
The sales leader and their team of executive sales professionals will be responsible for the successful origination through to sales close of complex asset based and project based contracts for capital and service projects for large energy users, often across multiple products, sites, and partners
- Projects may include construction, installation, operation and maintenance of distributed energy sources and associated infrastructure such as battery storage, Combined Heat & Power and traditional gensets, solar PV, and other efficiency upgrades.
- Contracting and structuring methods for projects may include financing such as in the form on Energy Performance Contracts and long term support such as Energy Services Agreements.
- Contracted services should frequently include other turn-key energy aspects; including structured energy supply, demand response participation and renewable credit purchasing
We are seeking a skilled team leader to oversee 6 sales executives, with further near-term growth expected.
- Lead the development of the East Region enterprise sales team
- Win early customers/ partnerships/ alliances with limited support. Provide a crucial source of customer success stories, testimonials and case studies
- Act as the driving force in the development of the work ethic, culture, and values of the region
- Develop and implement a direct solution sales strategy
- Drive rigorous sales execution and oversight against revenue targets
- Develop annual sales plans, set quota and manage the entire sales team
- Monitor market and competitive landscape, communicate other business leaders
- Manage overall sales process/pipeline, including compensation, training and sales incentives
- Represent the business in regional, and national tradeshows, working groups, and seminars
In addition to deal origination, the sales team will be a key part of negotiations with third-parties including customers and suppliers; and offer critical partnership to delivery functions & leaders and as such must:
- Work closely with cross-functional internal teams, including design, commercial, engineering, construction management and others to help develop and deliver projects
- Provide a key business voice into strategy, mergers & acquisitions, technology and R&D efforts
- Provide a key business voice into commercial, product, delivery, marketing and other roadmaps
- Work with executive team and peer development team on pipeline and forecasts
Based on the East coast, the primary territories include areas of significant opportunity and large, existing presence with other Centrica and Direct Energy businesses including the greater New York area, New England, Mid-Atlantic, Mid-West and South East regions. Expected travel/off-site requirements to be required. Frequent and regular travel to see employees, prospects and customers.