As an energy supplier with a unique 200 year heritage British Gas is one of the best known names in the UK energy market. British Gas Business provides over 500,000 business customers with a modern way to buy, use and generate energy. To help facilitate our growth we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Analyst to join our team in Oxford.
- Location: Oxford
- Full time; Permanent
This role is key in providing support in the analysis and planning of future sales performance, so that Commercial plans are robust, performance is tracked and insight is readily available for any risks or opportunities to be identified. You’ll be supporting the management of our Sales CRM systems to ensure we have effective customer data to drive a successful sales journey whilst making sure customers are treated fairly at all times.
Your day to day duties will include
- Provide analysis and support to help define and drive the modelling of the business plan
- Develop and deliver reporting tools that track performance (Sales, Margins, and Volumes) against plans
- Identification of any risks or opportunities, with insight and recommendations of actions that can be undertaken
- Support the ongoing maintenance the Sales CRM system to meet the needs of the I&C business unit, including detail, accuracy, and ease of use
- Identify and mobilise the resources required to successfully deliver a robust Sales CRM tool
- Use all available CRM and pricing data to create insightful analysis of sales performance that drives growth in all areas of the I&C market and ensure long term plans are met
- Develop strong relationships across other data and insight teams to ensure best practice and maximum efficiency
We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated and can work to tight deadlines. You should have the ability to handle multiple requests, without sacrificing accuracy and whilst keeping stakeholders informed.
In addition you should have
- Excellent understanding of SQL, Microsoft Access and advanced Excel skills
- Ability to deal with Senior individuals and translate data into simple and meaningful pieces of insight
- Previous experience with Salesforce •Previous experience of financial planning (desirable)
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Commercial Analyst R9930122’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.