Learning & Development Design Manager
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
The Design Team are responsible for the end-to-end design of all learning content for the business curriculums. The Design Manager has expertise in design and manage a team of Designers in order to produce learning content in line with Centrica design principles and business requirements.
The Design Manager is responsible for leading the design of technical and behavioral learning for their business operations. They will also provide design support for other related programs across Centrica.
THIS POSITION CAN SIT IN HOUSTON,TX PHOENIX, AZ OR TULSA, OK
- Experience of creating learning curriculum and content across a large customer oriented, regulated business.
- Proven track record in the design of effective learning content, to meet large scale, multi product and skill learning requirements.
- Ability to design large group learning experiences or smaller interventions.
- Experience of managing the design of learning content from requirements to evaluation.
- Ability to influence and communicate with a broad range of stakeholders, across all levels of the business.
- Proven ability to run effective and sustained train-the-trainer interventions.
- Strong underpinning knowledge of learning models and methodology.
- Experience and knowledge of social and digital design.
Proven experience in leading and managing Teams in a matrix environment.
- Set the standard as experts in curriculum design principles and practices, leading the design of learning content in their specialist area (e.g. Sales & Service).
- Manage a consistent and effective learning design process from training needs analysis through to a seamless handover of each learning programme to the delivery teams, working in conjunction with the L&D Consultants and L&D Programme Specialists.
- Ensure all learning content aligns to the Centrica vision, values and principles that underpin our commitment to customers.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of the Centrica business - at an operational and commercial level - to understand how curriculum design supports the business strategy and objectives.
- Champion good learning practices and advancements in social and digital learning which can be applied to learning initiatives across Centrica.
- Monitor and evaluate our learning curriculums in terms of learner experience and business impact, driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Identify and take opportunities to support adaptation of traditional resources to online versions across all design teams and wider Learning & Development function within Centrica, globally.
- Conduct periodic and timely reviews of learning curriculum and portfolio for accuracy and relevance.
- Develop and monitor learning designer capability.
- Manage operational and regulatory risks related to learning content.
- Effectively manage external or third party training designers or experts.
- Provide group facilitation and individual coaching support for the business, where relevant and required.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability