Regional Planning & Dispatch Manager
At British Gas, we share a common purpose to help our customers today and secure energy for tomorrow. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Planning & Dispatch Manager to join our team in Leeds.
- Location: Canal Street, Leeds.
This is a critical role responsible for leading and motivating a regional Planning and Dispatch team within the Smart Metering department.
You will be accountable for the delivery of a first class and efficient service to ensure the successful delivery of the business strategy and objectives.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Develop, engage and lead an effective management team that is driven to deliver the operational targets and business strategy and one that strives for continuous improvement
- Instil a customer focused culture and a right first time approach, driving and implementing strategies for volume growth and revenue generation and improve the business operation and customer experience
- Grow a high performing team, provide colleagues with a compelling vision and ensure effective leadership and management structures in place
- Work closely with field operations to ensure adequate resources are in each geographic area to deliver business plans
- Develop the appropriate contingency plans and flexibility to manage demand uncertainty and work with key stakeholders to ensure that the plans are implemented
- Shape and drive the successful delivery of all transformation programmes within the business and develop a culture which embraces change
- Ensure robust framework of operational controls to mitigate business and regulatory risk
- Develop and maintain a strong and effective relationship between office & field teams
We’re looking for someone who is able to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate strong resilience and decision making, whilst maintaining a thorough understanding of what delivers great customer service.
You should have experience in field force optimisation and resource planning as well as leading, developing and motivating successful teams.
In addition we require the following:
- Customer service and operations management experience, liaising and collaborating with other areas of the business
- Strong interpersonal skills and a track record of effective stakeholder management
- Expertise in analysing data sets and using insight to make effective decisions models
- Experience of planning & dispatch and operating within a Franchise operation
Salary circa £40000 dependant on experience, plus excellent benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Regional Planning & Dispatch Manager R9929984’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.