SEO & Content Assistant Manager
The Content & SEO Assistant Marketing Manager will support the development and delivery of digital content that:
- Delivers qualified traffic and improves SEO performance
- Drives a deeper emotional connection with our brand
- Helps to transform the brand’s reputation and improve our brand health
- Drive a commercial benefit back to the business
The Content & SEO Assistant Manager will be supporting the implementation and delivery of both Content Marketing initiatives and SEO performance. You will have understanding and experience in digital marketing with a focus on a conversion-driven content-marketing approach and a broad understanding of related online disciplines including PR, SEO, PPC, Content Production, Social Media, and Analytics.
You will play a supporting but highly visible role in driving ROI through content. The Content & SEO Assistant Manager will be crafting and executing content strategies, tactics and plans to influence significant traffic growth and sales targets.
You will be tasked with driving engagement with new to brand and existing customers to our blog, product pages and through to purchase, by planning and implementing an engaging content strategy for a variety of exciting campaigns as well as day to day projects.
Process, compliance and regulatory details are a big part of this role.
- Support the integrated planning and delivery of digital content campaigns. Manage day to day agency partners (creative, production and media) to ensure campaigns are delivered against pre-agreed objectives, budgets and KPI’s
- Develop, manage and execute a content calendar and plan. Commission, edit and publish engaging content - internally and externally - across a range of digital media
- Maintain the KPI dashboard for Content and SEO. Support and evolve the evaluation and measurement of all activity. Drive measurement alignment across our UK brands and share best practice with the broader Marketing, Digital and Content Teams
- Collaborate with teams across the business to advocate SEO and ensure strong performance and work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to optimise the PPC and SEO mix
- Keep abreast of content developments, both thought leadership, technology, creative, media and platforms / channels. Continuously Test & Learn and embed best practice to drive continual and sustainable performance improvements
- Demonstrable experience of delivering content marketing with emphasis on ROI
- Experience of producing and editing content for a range of digital channels
- Good technical and analytical abilities
- Previous success in improving organic ranking and understanding of SEO best practice
- Experience with SEO tools for auditing, rankings and research
- Previous experience in working with content management systems (Adobe - a bonus)
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate an effective content plan
- Experienced in delivering content through segmentation, insight, consumer content needs and preferences
- Excellent grasp of English spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Knowledge of HTML would be helpful
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: SEO & Content Assistant Manager R9929862’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.