Centrica is passionate about developing talent, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Category Analyst to join our fast paced, award winning Procurement team.
As part of the Operations procurement team you will have a unique opportunity to work and learn directly from an experienced senior category manager and experienced negotiator who specialises in Logistics Procurement.
If you are a graduate or starting out your career in procurement, have an analytical mindset, and want to kick start your career in a FTSE 100 organisation then we would love to hear from you.
- Location: Leicester
- Excellent package value and benefits
- Support category analysis and assessments which will allow the procurement team to generate innovative opportunities and robust strategic sourcing plans.
- Working alongside Category Managers and key internal stakeholders, manage procurement activity across expenditure categories. This includes the maintenance and implementation of category plans that will ensure delivery in line with business objectives, regulatory requirements and the landing of all value negotiated
- Support the management of supplier sourcing activities including running sourcing activities where required
- Provide support and reporting for Supplier Management activities including measuring and reporting supplier performance
- Provide analysis and insight for the procurement team and business on all aspects of market dynamics, regulatory frameworks, suppliers and technical innovations
- Keep abreast of changes and developments within the relevant market place and changes to supplier commercial positions or offerings
- Report changes and updates through proactive governance
- Support analysis for other Procurement colleagues as required
- Source and procure a range of goods and services across one or more expenditure categories ensuring optimum value for money within defined service and quality criteria
- Degree educated or equivalent and/or appropriate experience in work experience
- Ideally will be working towards/ have membership of CIPS (or equivalent) but this is not essential
- Influencing, persuading and negotiating skills. Ability to present ideas/concepts and take a consultative approach with stakeholders and peers
- Team player with an ability to manage relationships
- Experienced using MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Pro-active, flexible, resilient, motivated and results oriented
- Proven analytical skills including ability to gather, interpret complex data, summarise and communicate simply and effectively
- Imaginative and creative
- Basic understanding of general and contract law
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Category Analyst R9925822’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.