Global Category Manager – Product Innovation
We have an exciting opportunity in our innovative, market leading business unit Connected Home for a talented Global Category Manager.
Connected Home are paving the way for the future by creating clever, innovative products which lets the customer take control of their home. We are planning to build a global business leveraging our strong existing sales in British Gas, Bord Gáis Energy and Direct Energy.
As a Category Manager for Connected Home you will be at the heart of bringing all our ideas and inventions to life by sourcing new tech.
If you are passionate about technology, new products, want to be at the centre of creating the new digital home and have category management experience in hardware/ telco or new product development then we would love to hear from you.
- Provide a deep knowledge and understanding of end to end Category Management within relevant categories. Ensures value is maximised from the contract negotiation through the whole life cycle of the category.
- Proactively develops a robust strategic sourcing strategy for use within specific categories which delivers breakthrough results and year on year continuous improvement.
- Understand the category and provide leadership and insight for the business on all aspects of market dynamics, regulatory framework, suppliers and technical innovations.
- Source and procure a range of goods and services across one or more expenditure categories, ensuring optimum value for money within defined service and quality criteria.
- Draft, negotiate and obtain agreement to commercial contracts ensuring that operational and commercial risks to business are fully understood and minimised.
- Challenge business plans where alternate opportunities exist to deliver higher value outcomes, ensuring all options have been duly evaluated.
- Within the Category Management framework, develop, build and maintain supplier engagement through appraisal and performance monitoring, value analysis, continuous improvement, supplier / supply base development, compliance and demand management.
- Develop close working relationships with Procurement teams, senior stakeholders and third party Centrica suppliers.
- Degree educated or equivalent and/or appropriate experience in work experience
- Membership of CIPS (or equivalent)
- Evidence of managing a category through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line
- Experience of working in a global matrix organisation
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills with the ability to engage and influence senior level stakeholders
- Sustains personal energy, self-motivation and productivity and encourages good resilience in others
- Identifies and raises opportunities and/or challenges
- Actively removes complexity
- Self aware, knows own strengths and limitations
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Global Category Manager – Product Innovation R9928342’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.