Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager position will focus primarily on the management, promotion and advertising of social channels for British Gas. This is include but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube (as well as other social platforms) to generate engaging and on-brand campaigns and content, which appeals to both new and existing British Gas customers.
The social media manager will continue to build, evolve and maintain our brand across social media networks
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing and delivering best in breed social media campaigns and activiations that:
1. Engages audiences and drive a deeper emotional connection with our Brand
2. Deliver a commercial benefit by driving a positive ROI
3. Help transform the brand’s reputation and improve our NPS/Brand health
- To develop and deliver our social media strategy in market
- Set-out the strategic role for each of our consumer focussed social channels and define the annual social plan. Ensuring integration and alignment against the UK Home strategy / marketing prioirities
- Lead the integrated planning and delivery of social campaigns (including out-reach campaigns which are not customer service driven). Manage agency partners (creative and production) to ensure social media initiatives are delivered against pre-agreed objectives, budgets and KPI’s
- Daily monitoring of social channels. Create, implement and monitor strategy for community acquisition and engagement across all social media channels
- Manage relationships with key business stakeholders and senior management ensuring sign off on key social plans, campaigns and KPIs
- Develop and maintain a KPI dashboard for Social metrics. Lead and evolve the evaluation and measurement of all activity. Drive measument alignment across our UK brands and share best practice with the braader Marketing, Digital and Content Teams
- Keep abreast of social developments, both thought leadership, technology, platforms and channels. Build the case and define the role for emerging platforms, channels, leading-edge tools and best practice to drive continual and sustainable performance improvements
- Good technical and analytical competencies with a detailed understanding Social Engagement platforms and measurement techniques
- Tracking/tagging experience is preferred
- Experience of writing social media/creative briefs to agencies essential
- Good understanding of existing and emerging social trends, technologies and best practice
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Broad understanding of digital communications – the role of Paid, Owned and Earned Media channels, including Search, Display, VOD, Video Platforms and influencers
- Ability to apply commercial acumen – able to objectively review and analyse insights and commercial effectiveness to make strategic decisions to improve performance
- Monitor and report on monthly key findings, using relevant tools. Analyse, interpret and share social media metrics to inform tactical activity against a set strategy
- Update business on social media landscape and advise where best to invest spend
- Ability to manage the creative development process with multiple agencies
- Proven demonstrable Social Media Experience in an agency or B2C brand
- Experience of defining and implementing a customer led social strategy & plan
- Demonstrable success of developing and delivering social campaigns
- Excellent knolwedge of social media trends, best practice and measureurement
- Strong influencing and communication skills across a matrix organisation
- Experience of managing a social media budget and using relevant reporting tools
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Social Media Manager R9929836’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.