TX Commercial Director
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- Strong business acumen and commercial thinking.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong people leadership skills
- Able to build relationships and influence peers in various retail and wholesale groups to deliver results.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with retail gas markets.
- MBA and Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, business, accounting, engineering, economics, computer science, statistics.
- Expert MS Excel, financial modelling skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Energetic, results-oriented individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Effectively manage change.
Texas commercial director / TX general manager will manage all aspects of ensuring Direct Energy Home growth in TX and profitability. The candidate will work as a key member of the US Energy team. The team is responsible for commercial decision making, product development and pricing in US Energy markets. This role will be responsible for defining TX strategy for NAH and will closely work with our Sales and Marketing organization, Portfolio Management, Pricing, Customer Care and Customer Operations teams to ensure proper strategy execution. This role will require strong technical aptitude, exceptional analytical skills as well as strong communication skills.
- Develop NAH strategy for TX to achieve growth and increase profitability
- Obtain organization buy-in for the strategy and ensure right capabilities are developed to execute strategy
- Ensure optimal decision making that will drive profitability
- Leverage end-to-end market understanding to drive a rigorous and quantitatively based view of product offerings and margins.
- Develop and drive understanding around customer segmentation leading to specific pricing strategies
- Work with team members to develop financial models and business cases to analyze new products and other business decisions.
- Motivate, build and manage relationships across the organization to ensure smooth exchange of ideas and proper implementation of processes.
- Price residential products for multiple channels, terms, products, promotions and offerings including aggregations and auctions.
- Lead creation of new products that will allow Direct Energy to differentiate itself in the market place and generate growth
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability