Product Manager - Hive
Location; Rathbone Place, London (5 minutes’ walk from Tottenham Court Road tube station)
Competitive package and bonus with excellent benefits
As part of the Product Team at Hive you’ll be leading the development of the award-winning SmartHome app for iOS, Android and Web.
The Hive App is what brings together the Hive Smart Home ecosystem and is the daily touch point for our customers with the brand. It’s essential as we extend our range of devices, services and capabilities that app the remains consistent and exceptionally easy to use. A large part of the value of the ecosystem is how our devices work together to solve our Customer’s challenges and a large part of that happens in the App.
Collaborating with your fellow Product Managers, and the Hive Insight and Customer Support Teams, you will strive to understand customer problems in this exciting emerging sector of the Internet of Things and the opportunity to use technology to address them. You will hypothesize, test and refine solutions; provide strong ownership and advocacy to help make a case to bring them to reality and work closely with the highly talented and driven Hive Teams working on Design, Software, Development, Marketing, Operations, Propositions and Commercial to bring essential value to market quickly and iterate on these based on customer feedback to keep ahead of the game.
What will you be doing?
- Take strong Product Ownership of the Hive app experience and spearhead the development of the app on iOS, Android and the Web as well as widgets and notifications;
- Own the product development of interfaces on all screens, including Tablet, Watch and any other platform on which we choose to implement the Hive experience
- Ensure the Hive experience is delivered in an appropriate way on each platform
- Work with other Product Managers to ensure their device-specific functions are surfaced in a consistent manner
- Lead the development of app features which are common across all devices
- Work to improve value of the app to the customer and business through development of app personalisation and contextual opportunities for promotion and commercialisation
- Working with developers and UX designers to conceive feasible and usable solutions to test
- Plan and participate in user labs to understand customer needs and test our ideas
- Review customer feedback and insight via all channels to identify opportunities to improve the app experience
- Working closely with the UX team as the Product custodian of app usability
- Owning the accessibility and ensuring that the app can be used by all audiences
- Leading other members of the team in delivering features that enhance the Hive app
- Work with colleagues to assess value versus build effort to prioritise features
- You’ll define and communicate MVPs and a roadmap of features to deliver value iteratively
- Prepare and articulate high-level proposals to win over senior stakeholders and communicate product functionality and benefits to all teams
- Prepare detailed requirements from a customer experience perspective for developers
- Develop strong internal relationships at all levels in the business to share information and obtain buy in and cooperation suppliers
- Work with Marketing and Customer Service to deliver promotional and support information
- Develop an understanding of all aspects of the Smart Home market
- Develop an understanding of the objectives and commercial requirements of the business
- Review competitor solutions and work with colleagues to assess potential partnerships
- Represent Hive/Connected Home at external events such as conferences, external meetings with potential suppliers and partners as well as in internal meetings within the wider business
To be brilliant in this role you will...
- Have experience developing exceptional consumer-facing mobile app experiences
- Worked within a similar role, and have solid experience in Product Management , being ready to take a senior position
- Be a logical thinker, familiar with complex information architecture and who can systematically work through the pitfalls of customer journeys and be creative in proposing practical solutions
- Be an exceptional and passionate communicator and able to distil and convey the implications of the tiniest details quickly
- Be highly confident and persuasive when engaging with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, including director level management
- Have experience of working in the field of consumer electronics and be excited by the potential of the Smart Home market
- Have experience working in an Agile and Lean product development environment
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring the delivery of an exceptional product
- Be a pragmatist and able to compromise in order to deliver something of value
- Have entrepreneurial drive and track record of achieving stretch goals in a fast paced environment
- Ideally be of graduate calibre or have equivalent experience at a suitable level
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 4 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 500,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Product Manager R9928825 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.