Resource Planning Team Manager
There is an exciting opportunity to join the Long Range Planning team on secondment (maternity cover +1yr) as the Resource Planning Team leader for Planning & Dispatch.
The Resource Planning Team Leader will lead a team of Analysts to support the Planning & Dispatch teams across S&R, UKI and Smart to deliver an excellent level of service for our customers and our people through effective implementation of forecasts and resource plans. The role holder will be integral to make key decisions and provide robust planning recommendations to ensure that our customers and our people are receiving the best possible service.
- Create a safe environment with the aim of achieving a zero incident work space and ensuring that teams take responsibility for themselves and each other
- Contribute to the work stream to deliver the objectives set out in the business plan
- Provide in day and future resource capacity plans which deliver industry leading service levels, cost efficiency and employee engagement
- Identify and deliver work balancing activity required to make effective use of resources
- Identify and develop planning tools and capabilities to meet the requirements of the Resource Planning function and Wider planning and dispatch team
- Support the management and delivery of change and other related projects into the planning function and wider planning and dispatch team
- Offer feedback and ideas to improve planning processes, and motivating team members to do the same
- Collaborate with colleagues and other key stakeholders to achieve the required outcomes
- Report on progress, presenting clear conclusions and recommendations for action where decisions are needed
- Coach and develop a team of Real Time and Resource Analysts to create a strong talent pipeline within the organisation; assess performance regularly , ensuring all team members are receiving the appropriate training and skills development to allow them to fulfil their role to the required standards
- Analytical & Methodical approach
- Organises & Plans ahead
- Understands the Business
- Manages Relationships
- Good Understanding of ACD systems and contact routing and reporting tools including business objects and telephony reporting.
- Ability to handle and prioritise multiple projects and tasks in limited timeframes
- Understanding of planning and dispatch teams across S&R, UKI and SMART.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience with modelling, analysis and delivering recommendations.
- Proven ability in time management and prioritisation of high workloads.
- Confident decision maker with sound principles and values.
- Ability to influence across a wide range of people including our senior managers.
- Experience in the contact centre or back office function and demonstrated achievement of minimum standards of performance.
- Hard working team player, able to influence a group of analysts
- Experience in a lead/supervisory or administrative capacity for a 100+ seat contact centre , or experience of operations within a 100+ seat contact centre in a support or front line role (preferred but not essential)
- Knowledge of Aspect e workforce management is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Thorough understanding of what delivers great customer service for our customers and our people
- Previous experience of Leading a team
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Resource Planning Team Manager R9927898’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.