Customer Service Advisor
The Customer Service Advisor handles contacts from customers, both internal and external, delivering a first class customer journey and support function.
This role is all about handling contacts from all types of British Gas Home Installations customers in the most professional, effective and efficient way, while complying with all the required quality standards.
As a Customer Service Advisor, you'll carefully listen to and understand customer needs to provide consistently high quality and reliable customer service and consistency across the organisation. You'll carefully listen to and understand customer enquiries and will apply British Gas values in all day to day activities.
You'll effectively and accurately promote British Gas products and services to tailor to customer needs and enhance the customer experience and loyalty. You'll need to take ownership to resolive routine customer dissatisfaction to ensure effective service to the customer, making appropriate decisions in terms of escalations.
You'll need to handle contacts efficiently, controlling content to optimise business profitability. In this role, you will adhere to competence and training procedures and to company and department standards, policies and procedures.
- Good communication and listening skills. Learn more; Communication - Getting it rightExcellent listening skills
- Desire to deliver excellent support and customer service. Learn more; Customer first
- Product promotion and sales closure/customer retention skills
- Understanding of what delivers great customer service
- A good knowledge of the range of products and services
- Understanding good housekeeping regarding data protection and information security requirements
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory, quality, safety and statutory requirements
- Awareness of the commercial aims and objectives of Home Installations and British Gas