Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience
- Strong quantitative analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines in pressure situations
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills
I. SUMMARY OF POSITION The primary responsibility of this position is to derive accurate pricing for all natural gas deals in a timely manner according to established priorities. This fast paced position requires the Pricing Analyst to actively manage a number of pricing proposals simultaneously, validating data inputs while ensuring accurate and timely outputs to provide our Sales teams with prompt and competitive pricing for new and existing customers. The Pricing Analyst will work closely with Sales and Gas Operations to determine correct volumes and pricing and will also interact with IT, Billing, Contract Administration, and Legal as required.
- Price all natural gas deals either through our internal systems or manually for more unique deals in a timely manner according to established priorities
- Ensure accurate deal structure and maintain the integrity of system data
- Recommend system improvements; work with IT for implementation and test all system enhancements
- Maintain various pricing related data tables
- Calculate all liquidations and prepare monthly reports for senior management
- Determine appropriate deal volumes based on historical volumes and weather trends
- Assist in resolving billing discrepancies, working closely with the billing group, and correcting database anomalies
- Perform various analyses and studies as required to assess the impacts of changing gas industry dynamics on our pricing curves
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability