Manager Digital Communications
The Digital Communications Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day email & SMS/text messaging program planning, development, approval and deployment process to help drive customer engagement and sales. In this role, the manager will be responsible for building out new initiatives based on customer lifecycle and KPI goals, making recommendations for future program enhancements based on data and analysis, and supporting the team in learning and developing new email capabilities. They will collaborate with broader marketing and app development efforts and develop a long term strategic vision for the email and mobile marketing program, leveraging organizational direction, internal data and technology infrastructure. The individual is a key contributor to driving sales, engagement, retention and re targeting via email and SMS and should be results-driven with exceptional attention to detail and knowledge of email metrics and ROI analysis.
- 2-3 years in managing digital communications programs including emails &SMS
- College degree in business, economics or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to quickly understand, isolate and resolve issues
- Excellent time management skills, ability to thrive in a fast-paced, environment which includes long hours
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word
- Well versed in various Internet community and e-commerce applications
- Preferred – creative, Constant Contact experience, ExactTarget experience
- Previous experience where demonstrated critical thinking skills can be shown
- Experience working with or within a Retail Electricity Provider
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and manage comprehensive, digital communications programs including email and mobile text/SMS to measure, track and analyze marketing programs and performance across all brands.
- Collaborate with a wide array of business and technology partners to continuously build and evolve digital communication channels.
- Oversees entire customer life cycle for all email and mobile/text messaging strategies, including design lay-out, features, functionality, messaging, and analysis of subscription, delivery and open rates.
- Ensure maximization of all communication opportunities across all digital platforms
- Develop best practices and test methodologies based on analytics, driving valuable marketing relationships with our customer base.
- Lead and develop new digital communication channels across the customer journey.
- Ensures brand and message consistency across digital media initiatives are met at all times, working with brand marketing team.
- Set the thought leadership on email and mobile text/SMS program for the business, ensuring a constantly evolving and top of the line program is operational.
- Accommodate diverse customer journeys through acquisition and retention marketing across multiple device types such as mobile/desktop.
- Works closely with internal stakeholders to coordinate digitally optimized marketing campaigns, preparing for sends and troubleshooting any technical or customer facing issues, ensuring most optimal experience possible.
- Ensure timelines and go-to-market planning runs smoothly across all channels.
- Support the development of a program roadmap that ensures the growth of our program for current as well as future.
- Manages a high performing team who executes and implements new digital communication channels for multiple brands.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creative input for new digital retention plans and promotions
- Utilizing e-commerce best practices for online sales to new and existing customers
- Researching and resolving escalated customer disputes in relation to fulfillment of rewards and promotions
- Communication with billing vendor and fulfillment vendors
- Communication with back office teams, sales operations, and customer service
- Interacts with most internal departments and several external contacts.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- HTML, DreamWeaver Photoshop and illustrator email marketing experience, ExactTarget experience analytical skills, organization skills, etc.
- Ability to monitor, analyze and report on campaign results and provide optimization recommendations to continually increase campaign effectiveness
- Strong understanding of HTML, CSS and digital marketing
- ExactTarget experience Creative, high energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful
- Experience learning and writing advanced AMPscript (or similar programming language) for dynamic content, and programming automated campaigns
- Experience working closely with technology organizations to deliver marketing capabilities
- Experience with building customer journeys with Salesforce Marketing Cloud highly preferred
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability