Vendor Relations Specialist
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Vendor Relations Specialist acts as a sales quality auditor for evaluating the sales approach, sales quality of the enrollment and agent interaction with customers. Thus ensuring our brand values are present and that market regulations are being adhered to during the customer experience.
This role is integral to raising the bar on the quality of the DE brands and communicating best practices and areas of improvement in terms of Sales Enhancement possibilities back to the business across DE. This role is responsible for the delivery of enrollments resulting from sales made through acquisition channels and is a critical component of the front line Direct Energy Residential Sales Quality Program. Strong emphasis will be placed on the quality of the sales enrollment to ensure adherence to region/state-level Public Utility Commission customer protection rules as well the Direct Energy Sales Quality Program standards and enrollment practices.
This position will interface with various business units including, but is not limited to interacting with third party quality vendors, sales channel management, external direct sales vendors, pricing, operations and fulfillment staff. This position will facilitate the enrollment process from sales vendor through successful entry into the CRM system. There will be a strong focus on the quality of the sales that are processed and also on identifying opportunities to improve processes and productivity.
- Have a basic understanding of specific tasks of you role and broad knowledge of all other roles (all regions); Listen and ask questions to understand different rules/requirements
- Career-Development position within field.
- Strong written and verbal skills; proven ability to take data inputs and organize them into a comprehensive summary.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word and Excel. 2-4 years; Proven ability to utilize Microsoft Word tables, Excel pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to work in a team environment and facilitate change effectively; Influence effectively using a variety of approaches.
- Ability to draw conclusions, conducts analysis, and identifies impacts; Take initiative to examine current processes for improvement opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvements and document new process; constructively questions established methods and procedures and try different approaches to find improvements.
- Follow through on actions and take accountability for results; Communicates expectations clearly.
- Supports colleagues in improving skills by demonstration and training; Challenges, supports and inspires others to achieve their full potential.
- Must have cross functional (within team) knowledge and/or experience of all responsibilities; Takes responsibility for personal development.
- Understanding the process impacts with the ability to communicate expectations; constructively questions established methods and procedures.
- Supports team to recognize opportunities to improve customer satisfaction; Stays focused on meeting the needs of the end customer by supporting my team’s commitment quality.
- Works with moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment.
- Typically requires four to five years' experience or equivalent education
- Be a visible role model of Direct Energy leadership values, skills and integrity.
- Ensure all current sales enrollment standards are met and work to continuously improve and re-define these standards and processes to create a more positive customer experience that delivers our brand values.
- Lead calibration sessions with sales managers/vendors.
- Provide feedback that will ensure that we are using all possible sales techniques to maximize our net sales.
- Complete reporting on quality trends and issues.
- Perform certification calls for new agents.
- Ensure script adherence by agents/vendors.
- Maintain a high performance culture with external partners based on coaching, managing commitments and delivering results.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement through sharing of best practices across the entire Direct Energy sales organization.
- Support all North American sales teams as required.
- Develop strong working relationships with business partners across Direct Energy.
- Other responsibilities and duties to be assigned as needed
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability