Future Power Systems and Markets Manager
We are looking for a highly experienced power engineer with a deep knowledge of energy markets to manage the multi-million pound LEM Platform project. The successful candidate will be responsible for the LEM platform from start to finish including finalising the scope, use cases, market design/rules and technical specification whilst working with a broad range of expert stakeholders, managing the budget, delivering a compliant procurement exercise and delivering the final solution to participants.
- Finalise use cases, market design, market rules and technical specification
- Manage all data requirements/integration between DNO, TSO, wholesale market, balancing mechanism plus new market requirements
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to deliver the Local Energy Market Platform
- Ensure all components of the LEM Platform portion of the project are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Successfully manage all relevant stakeholders
- Manage third party contracts and vendor relationship in scope of the project;
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in line with ERDF reporting requirements
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and reporting for auditing purpose
- Ensure strategic alignment between the LEM platform and the wider DE&P technology Roadmap
- Capture project lessons learnt and technical/market know how in order to feed into Centrica’s future capabilities and regulatory strategy
- Knowledge of the inner workings and functionality of existing networks software systems such as PSS/E, DINIS etc
- Strong understanding of T&D power engineering and power flows
- Deep understanding of distribution network modelling and operation
- Good understanding of power economics, energy trading, and wholesale electricity market models (North America and European market models)
- Proven working experience in project management in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Require MSc or BSc degree in Electrical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Degree educated in the fields of Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent and advantage
- Minimal 5 years working experience in power electronics
- Experiences in applying mathematical optimisation algorithms to solve problems in power industry, such as unit commitment or economic dispatch
- Work experience and/or knowledge of Distributed Energy Resources such as battery energy storage, demand response, solar PV, wind, etc. This might include battery modelling, simulation and operations, solar PV forecasting, demand response and direct load control technologies and markets, grid integration of DER
- Software engineering experience or experience participating in or managing software development or deployment projects: Familiarity with the software development lifecycle, software architecture, waterfall and agile methodologies, systems integration, quality assurance and testing, software system deployment and operational support.
- Experience from software development or system integration projects Managed projects of size between £1m - £5m
- Experience in, smart grid, energy trading or industrial IoT advantageous
- Certified practitioners of industry acknowledged standards e.g. PRINCE2
- Members of relevant professional bodies such as Association of Project Management
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Matthew.Sutton1@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Future Power Systems and Markets Manager R9928588’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.