Pricing Optimisation Manager
Support delivery of British Gas commercial objectives by optimising our prices for our SME Energy customers.
- Promote a culture where customers are treated fairly by our pricing
- Accountable for the pricing of all in-life products, ensuring an appropriate balance between volume, GM delivery and life-time value
- Ensure the pricing principles for SME Energy deliver the strategic objectives of the business
- Recommend changes to the pricing principles as market dynamics or BGB objectives change, particularly in response to CMA remedies
- Own the operational pricing decisions for the contract portfolio within the framework of the pricing principles approved by the Pricing Board
- Maintain a suite of optimisation models that support effective price decision-making, including maintaining strong understanding of price elasticity
- Test and measure the impact of pricing to understand pricing dynamics and customer behaviour
- Provide business partnership for key channels (Brokers, Direct, Online, C&M), ensuring a pricing strategy that is aligned to broader business objectives
- Provide support to stakeholders in the business (e.g. in Sales, Marketing) to ensure they have the necessary pricing expertise for the operational delivery of the pricing strategy
- Understand and adhere to company and departmental standards, policies and procedures
- Track record of managing prices
- Passionate about using customer insight to identify commercial opportunities through pricing
- Proven ability to engage and influence a wide range of commercial stakeholders
- Proven commercial acumen with ability to drive commercial activity through a strong financial evaluation
- Experience of communicating effectively and influencing senior management
- Ability to interpret customer needs and create commercial solutions to meet those needs
- Ability to influence and build trusted relationships at all levels
- Strong commercial acumen and experience of building business cases
- Highly numerate with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confidence in tackling both strategic and tactical challenges
- Ability to think beyond the realms of current approaches and tenacity to challenge the status quo
- Proven ability to lead, engage and motivate a team of functional experts
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Pricing Optimisation Manager R9928688’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.