Data Asset Analyst
SME Energy is a mass-market business where relationships with customers are partly managed by the effective and efficient management of data. Consistently maintaining and improving the quality of our data enhances the customer experience and provides process owners with a valuable asset on which sound strategic business decisions are based. In British Gas, data quality is aligned with the customer journey.
- You will develop a thorough understanding of the SAP system, including system fields that need to be maintained for it to function correctly and produce required customer outcomes (e.g. bills, renewal letters, etc)
- Reporting to a Data Quality Manager, you will be part of a highly successful, large operational team.
- Guided by KPIs, you will need to be a self-starter and accountable for your own productivity.
- You will be expected to develop effective and positive relationships with key stakeholders and data stewards within the business, working with others to identify root causes of poor quality data and propose improvements to business processes.
- You will be an agile and collaborative team player, who can identify, fix, monitor and improve the quality of our data.
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly in Excel
- Excellent team player, customer focussed, with a positive mindset
- Excellent communication skills and ability to make technical concepts both accessible and interesting to non-technical people
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Agile and quick learner
- Ability to prioritise effectively and organise and manage your own workload
- A thorough and tenacious approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines whilst maintaining reliability and accuracy
- Strong data manipulation skills and an ability to grasp the significance and meaning of a range of technical and complex issues
- Understanding of Data Protection and other relevant legislation
Highly Desirable Skills
- SAP, SAS, and/or SQL
- Experience of manipulating data sets using various techniques and tools
- Experience of designing and building data dashboards/scorecards
- Experience of mapping and understanding customer journeys in a service environment
- Understanding of BGB core systems and wider knowledge of BGB processes
- Experience of change management and business improvement processes
- Relevant degree in IT/Computing/Maths together with strong mathematical / logical capability is preferred.
- Salary dependent on skills and experience.
Additional Website Text