Senior PMO Manager
The Senior PMO Manager is responsible for effectively managing and integrating the PMO process across 1 or more Programmes or high value, large complex projects throughout the life-cycle, maintaining consistency and best practice standards in project progression, tracking, ensuring conformance to the Change Process, comprehensive and accurate reporting of programme(s) / projects to all key stakeholders, responsively meeting the requirements of Portfolio Governance and stakeholder.
- Manage the PMO support process to designated projects, integrating the activity effectively with the Change Model Stage Gate process and, through providing a responsive, effective support service, taking all steps to ensure effective and timely project delivery
- Proficiently document, administer, track and report programme/project set-up, progress and closure, ensuring the right information (progress, risks issues, deliverables etc.) passes to and from key stakeholders, governance teams and sponsors, ensuring all required elements are captured and maintained accurately in all systems (e.g. Clarity)
- Help, support and improve the standards, consistency, predictability and efficiency of project delivery performance through closely monitoring project progress and alerting stakeholders to delays, conflicts/issues and non-conformance, and by pursuing speedy, effective resolution; integrate agreed improvements into the PMO process in support of the PMO Practice Head
- Ensure the PMO support process effectively monitors, measures and reports the progression and performance of designated projects, and, where necessary, take steps to ensure strict conformance to Change Model Stage Gate process
- To develop consolidated project plans (work schedules, testing, risk, communications, training, etc.) and other project documents as specified by the agreed change methodology, to ensure appropriate project management throughout the lifecycle, including high quality project status updates with appropriate contents for Steering Groups and Programme boards, managing all aspects of project(s) tracking, RAID management, and operational dashboard reports for designated projects
- To define /agree project metrics and KPIs (to monitor cost, time, resource and risk) and controls to manage/assess impact of key risks & issues (and that mitigating actions are understood)
- To track monthly project / programme spend vs forecast / draw down approval, escalating when action is needed so that deviations and performance issues are reported, escalated and resolved
- When also operating as a Practice Lead you will:
- Lead and manage practice group members including: regular appraisal of performance in line with Performance Management process; mentoring, coaching and personal development of group members; input to resource allocation process (based on knowledge of in-practice skills, personal career plans, capabilities and preferences) and communication of work assignments to group members
- Support resource planning and recruitment activity as required to help maintain high professional standards, and ensure the practice has sufficient skilled professionals to meet demand
- Ensure consistent application of best practice across the practice group: to champion best practice for UK Change.
You will be provided with work on an assignment basis – timescales of which may vary depending on the nature of the assignment/project. Assignments could be within any of the change disciplines within British Gas
- Knowledge of best practices and up-to-date industry standards and ideas for PMO service delivery. Experience in programme and project management
- People cross-functional leadership experience
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills – confident with MI/statistics and their presentation
- Excellent prioritisation and coordination skills with the ability to work to multiple deadlines under pressure
- Be logical and methodical paying attention to detail
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively to senior managers
- Possesses ability to produce clear, concise reporting that accurately synthesises information
- Good interpersonal skills and able to negotiate and deal with conflict effectively
- Great problem solving skills
- Self motivated and adaptable
- Comfortable working at a rapid pace with changing priorities
- Able to work in a high pressure, performance focussed environment
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Senior PMO Manager R9928867’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.