Sales & Marketing Reporting & Analytics Specialist
As part of a global marketing team for DE&P, act as the expert for sales and marketing reporting and analytics within the sales and marketing operations team. Support the sales and marketing teams to measure and achieve the revenue targets of the DE&P business.
- Build the capability and functionality to gain visibility of KPIs and create clear, actionable reports to enable continuous improvement
- Continually work to create new ways to implement data integrity and quality control measures and assist on all reporting and data manipulation activities
- Understand/collate digital footprint data, Web journey analytics and Social listening
- Manage all reports that are created weekly, monthly and quarterly highlighting all useful data-driven insights ◦Responsible for improving alignment between Sales and Finance ensuring data accuracy
- Support the business with required ad hoc reports aiding the development of new ones
- Highlight any governance or pipeline issues relevant to sales leads/Directors
- Ensure success is measurable within the Global Propositions and Marketing team
- Feed into continuous improvement programme
- First experience gained in a position such as a business analyst, online analyst, data science analyst or similar. •Deep understanding of web analytics (Webtrends, Google Analytics or equivalent packages)
- Knowledge and experience with statistics
- Strong technical skills, including SAS, SQL, Excel, BI software (ideally Tableau)
- Ability to structure problems and synthesize large quantities of data into clear conclusions / recommendation
- Commercially savvy – able to translate analytical studies into actionable business insight
- A passion for problem-solving, flexibility, comfort with ambiguity, creativity, and hunger to constantly ask "why?"
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage with multiple stakeholders including senior management
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Fluent English, additional European language (Italian or German) is a plus
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse, multi-location, and geographical teams and partner successfully with Sales management and Sales enablement teams
- Strong team player who is passionate, quality driven, technology savvy and self-motivated
Strategy & Planning Beginner – SP 1
Has a basic knowledge of the marketing audit process comprising external and internal situation analysis. Has a growing knowledge of relevant market, customers and competitor dynamics and current organisation’s strategies. Makes use of news-feeds, data from analysts, and internal marketing intelligence sources.
Portfolio Management Beginner – PM 1
Has a developing understanding of Centrica DE&P capabilities and its offers, and how these relate to customer issues and opportunities. Has a basic understanding of the commercial terms appropriate for different types of offers. Has a basic understanding of how to create a value proposition.
Content & Communication Intermediate – CC 2
Has a broad understanding of marketing communications and the most appropriate context in which to use specific media or techniques (e.g., thought leadership to position the company and create interest among client executives within a target vertical). Distills customer/partner/internal data and input to build marketing messages and creates images and/or text which communicate the desired messages to the target audiences. Adapts the creative message so that it is meaningful to different target audiences, and develops messages that support brand attributes. Communicates benefits rather than features (e.g., financial returns). Designs and runs small campaigns or projects against co-developed objectives. Develops reference accounts and success stories to demonstrate the value of a service and explain the customer experience. Engages press, analysts and other influencers where appropriate to create awareness and educate the target audience.
Marketing Operations Expert – MO 3
Provides input and recommendations to define the appropriate processes and systems required for the marketing community to run an effective and efficient service, working with internal stakeholders to ensure that their needs and preferences are taken into account. Establishes clear measurable objectives and targets for marketing programs, allocating budgets to support their achievement. Produces marketing performance reports using the metrics provided by others in the team, and highlights areas for improvement or change.
Sales & Field Enablement Intermediate – SE 3
Collaborates with sales and account teams to design collateral, tools and education required. Tracks the usage, quality, and effectiveness of these elements and uses data and feedback to improve their future quality and effectiveness. Maps the sales support tools to the relationship development process: awareness, preference, consideration, and loyalty and ensures that the sales team are aware of what is available to them at each stage.
Partners & Alliances Intermediate – PA 1
Has a basic understanding of partners landscape and assists in developing partner relationships, completing tasks within an overall partner campaign context as requested.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Sales & Marketing Reporting & Analytics Specialist R9928822’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.